Charli XCX and Galantis have teamed up to create a buoyant theme song for Japan’s Super Nintendo World, which is set to open at Universal Studios Japan this summer. The song, “We Are Born to Play,” was released as a music video previewing the park and its connection to Super Mario, with Charli XCX hanging out with Toad on top of Peach’s castle.
Super Nintendo World will launch at Universal Studios Japan in Osaka ahead of the summer Olympics, which kick off in Tokyo in July. The video showcases some of the park as Charli sings, “Days and nights/ I’m captured by the feeling/ Love the ride/ And now I’m really living life/ Alive, a super kind of feeling/ Jump on board the ride tonight.”
Charli XCX released her third album, Charli, last September. The album included collaborations with Sky Ferreira, Christine and the Queens, Clairo and Big Freedia, as well as a track with Lizzo. The singer is touring Australia and New Zealand this winter, and will appear at both weekends of Coachella in April. Galantis, meanwhile, recently released a collaboration with Dolly Parton called “Faith” and the Swedish duo are expected to release their new album Church this year.
- Charli XCX goes braless in exposing paper-thin dress
- Charli XCX announces Pop 2 show for London Village Underground
- Charli XCX announces Pop 2 show for London's Village Underground
- Review: Pop perfection at Charli XCX's Village Underground show
- Charli XCX dreams of fried chicken from particular Dublin restaurant
- Charli XCX leaves tour with Taylor Swift to speak at women's body exhibition
- Rita Ora forced to come out as bisexual after ‘kissing girls’ backlash
- Taylor Swift kicks off Reputation Tour after ending feud with Katy Perry
- Camila Cabello reveals her ‘intense gratitude’ towards Taylor Swift
- When is Celebrity Pro-AM, who is playing, how can you watch it and what other celebrities play Fortnite?