NEW YORK (AP) — During the fall of 2011, a couple of months after the NFL’s lockout of the players ended and the regular season began as scheduled, a class of graduate students was asked to rate the pro sports commissioners. Roger Goodell stood first, far above his peers. A few years later, after such issues as player misconduct, bounties and deflated football scandals, health and safety issues, and skyrocketing cost of tickets became prevalent, a similar class rated Goodell behind the NBA’s Adam Silver, the NHL’s Gary Bettman, and tied with MLS’ Don Garber. But Goodell recently made Sports Business Journal’s top spot for sports executives. Such is the roller coaster the head of the most popular and lucrative sport in America must ride. Goodell gets praised for helping make the sport more available to fans, for embracing technology and new media, and for overseeing programs designed to enhance diversity — even if those programs aren’t quite making the impact the league projects. His bosses, the 32 team owners, all very rich and powerful men and women, are thrilled that the league’s burgeoning revenues show no sign of dissipating. Those revenues have skyrocketed from $6 billion in 2006, when… Read full this story
- 5 takeaways: Debate on Eli Manning's future with Giants continues its roller coaster ride
- Euthanasia Roller Coaster — the Movie!
- Stanford Cardinal ride injury-riddled roller coaster to 2018 Sun Bowl in El Paso
- Score picks, bold predictions and fantasy tips for every Week 4 NFL game
- Who tests out amusement park rides?
- Week 4 NFL odds, picks, schedule, how to watch, stream: Expert picks against the spread, survivor pool play, more - CBS Sports
- Canada's Wonderland: Record-breaking Yukon Striker coaster announced
- Virtual reality: VR tech added to theme park rides
- HangTime coaster review: Knott's Berry Farm leaves you hanging
- Hull: Cowboys riding high after dominant home win, but another road letdown coming?
Goodell’s stint atop NFL quite a roller-coaster ride have 304 words, post on apnews.com at January 21, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.