Photo: Illustration: Variety Photo: Illustration: Variety Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Photo: Illustration: Variety Box Office Predictions for 2020: From Surefire Hits to Potential Busts 1 / 1 Back to Gallery Click here to read the full article. The box office has something to prove this year. Moviegoers flocked en masse in 2019 to watch key Avengers hang up their suits and shields, the Clown Prince of Crime descend into madness and Simba take the throne (again). And yet, the domestic box office slipped 4% to $11.4 billion, down from 2018’s record high of $11.9 billion. But despite the downturn in ticket sales, studios and theater owners alike remain steadfast that moviegoing is far from a thing of the past. More from Variety ‘No Time to Die’: Hans Zimmer Takes Over as Composer on Bond Movie (EXCLUSIVE) Ryan Reynolds Says ‘Deadpool 3’ Is in the Works at Marvel U.S. Government Briefly Listed ‘Black Panther’s’ Wakanda as a Free Trade Partner Industry experts are optimistic that James Bond, Wonder Woman and Vin Diesel will reignite audience’s fervor for the theatrical experience and entice moviegoers looking for some big-screen pyrotechnics. But amid superhero spinoffs and franchise… Read full this story
- ‘Bad Boys’ Rides To $215M Global; ‘1917’ Storms $201M WW; Lack Of Chinese New Year Pics Impacts Overseas – International Box Office
- ‘Mulan’ Was Set To Do Big Business This Past Weekend; Drive-Ins Slowed Down & A Look Back At ‘Dumbo’ – Box Office
- Korean Exhibitors To Receive Government Support As March Box Office Hits Record Low
- Mission: Impossible 5 Takes Top Box Office Spot with $56M
- ‘Sonic’ Still Top Hog With $203M WW; ‘Call Of The Wild’ Paws At $15M Overseas Bow; Coronavirus Concerns Spread To Korea, Affecting Release Dates – International Box Office
- Coronavirus Causes 85% Crash in Asia Box Office
- Forensic Box Office Day 1 Kerala Collections: The Tovino Thomas-Starrer Is Off To A Good Start!
- Asia-Pacific Box Office Plunged 85 Percent in First Two Months of 2020
- Domestic Box Office Off $600 Million Year-Over-Year So Far Amid Virus Crisis
- Disney Is Building a Box Office Death Star
Box Office Predictions for 2020: From Surefire Hits to Potential Busts have 328 words, post on www.chron.com at January 9, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.