Bernie Sanders raised $34.5 million in the fourth quarter of 2019, his campaign announced Thursday, racking up 1.8 million donations in the quarter ending December 31. Sanders’ best fundraising month was December, when he collected 900,000 donations totaling over $18 million. In addition to the impressive total for the quarter, the campaign announced on January 1 that it had reached 5 million campaign contributions, more than any Democratic opponent and more than President Trump’s reelection campaign. Sanders raised more than any of the other Democratic candidates in the third and first quarters of 2019. According to his campaign, the most common job held by Sanders donors in the fourth quarter was teaching, but the most common employers were Amazon, Starbucks, Walmart, the U.S. Postal Service and Target. The average donation was $18.53, and 99.9% of his donors have not maxed out their donations to Sanders. The last quarter of 2019 set a steady course for the campaign as it enters the election year. With the Iowa caucuses on February 3, the Sanders campaign believes the financial support shows hearty voter enthusiasm. According to the campaign, 40,000 new donors contributed on the last day of the year. In December alone, it raised more than… Read full this story
- Bernie Sanders denies telling rival Elizabeth Warren woman could not win US election
- Bernie Sanders on Andrew Gillum and Stacey Abrams: Many Whites Made ‘Uncomfortable’ Voting for Black Candidates
- "I think you called me a liar on national TV": CNN releases audio between Warren and Sanders at Democratic debate
- Elizabeth Warren REFUSES to shake hands with Bernie Sanders after they clash at 2020 debate over claim he said a woman can't win the presidency and she says: 'Look at the men. They lost 10 elections!'
- Trump campaign, RNC raise $154M in fourth quarter of 2019
- 'I thought a woman could win. He disagreed': Elizabeth Warren doubles down on feud with Bernie Sanders and confirms he told her a female candidate COULDN'T win
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Elizabeth Warren seeks to deescalate feud with Bernie Sanders
- Bernie Sanders' feud with Elizabeth Warren erupts into open warfare with claims he told her in 2018 that a woman COULDN'T win
- Bernie Sanders' feud with Elizabeth Warren is a sign he could be the nominee to take on Donald Trump
- Bernie Sanders Will Benefit if Elizabeth Warren Drops Out, Pollsters Say—But Would it Be Enough to Beat Biden?
Bernie Sanders beat Democratic rivals to raise $34.5 million in the 4th quarter have 380 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at January 2, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.