DEAR BEL, I have been seeing a lot in the media lately concerning the menopause, but much of it seems to be rather jokey. ITV’s Loose Women, for example, often make light of it. What is missing is the effect this condition has on husbands and marriages. The menopause has cost me the love of my life. At 64, I have little or no future to look forward to and I am considering ending it all. My wife hit the menopause about five years ago when she started getting bad sweats and mood swings. I encouraged her to see a doctor for hormone replacement therapy (HRT), which she did, bringing an end to the sweats. Thought of the day For what matters in life is not whether we receive a round of applause; what matters is whether we have the courage to venture forth despite the uncertainty of acclaim.From A Gentleman in Moscow (2016) by Amor Towles But the mood swings continued to worsen and I noticed a change in her personality. She basically stopped caring and seemed irritated by anything and everything I did or said. She seemed hell-bent on an endless search for the perfect life and left… Read full this story
- Andrea McLean reveals how to cope with the menopause and all its symptoms
- Student who started menopause at just 22 is on a mission to raise awareness of endometriosis
- How Harold Wilson’s long-suffering wife Mary loathed life at No.10
- A New Wife in the Sun: One foot in the brave
- Who is Arkady Babchenko’s wife Olechka, did she think he was murdered and do they have children?
- Loose Women’s Andrea McLean reveals crippling panic attacks and anxiety leave her feeling ‘ugly and unlovable’
- Dr. Anil Nanda will leave Shreveport medical school for New Jersey jobs
- Samantha Cameron: 'I was terrible at waving to the public'
- Life has fully stopped, says father who lost wife and daughters in Grenfell fire
- Surprising top state for Californians who leave: It's red and in the South
BEL MOONEY: My wife’s leaving me because of her terrible menopause have 332 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 10, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.