Chuck Schumer on Monday accused Donald Trump of orchestrating a cover-up of his actions in regards to the Ukraine and claimed many Republicans have ‘privately’ told him they want to hear new evidence when the Senate holds an impeachment trial of the president. ‘The president has offered nothing exculpatory to disprove the evidence has been put forward. Instead, he has orchestrated a cover-up. It has left many in the Senate and millions across the country asking, what is the president hiding? Why doesn’t he want the facts to come out?,’ the Senate Democratic Leader said during a press conference at the Capitol. ‘I haven’t seen a single good argument about why these witnesses shouldn’t testify or these documents be produced, unless the president has something to hide, and his supporters want that information hidden,’ Schumer noted. ‘To engage a trial without the facts coming up is to engage in a cover-up. To conduct a trial without the facts is saying we’re afraid. We have something hide. To conduct a trial without relevant witnesses haven’t been heard from, to just re-hash evidence that was heard in the House, just doesn’t make sense,’ he added. Chuck Schumer accused Donald Trump of orchestrating… Read full this story
- The best Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump anecdotes from the SI Vault
- The Donald Trump of Alabama? Tommy Tuberville eyes outsider’s bid for governor
- Jerry Falwell DENIES report Michael Cohen helped resolve blackmail attempt over racy photos, saying jailed Trump lawyer never represented him in 'any legal or other professional capacity'
- Pollak: Real Purpose of Impeachment Is to Make Up for Weak Democratic Field
- Trump blasts Mueller probe as 'attack on our country'
- Trump wall: President addresses nation on border 'crisis'
- US election 2020: Which Democratic candidate will take on Trump?
- Why Trump's reactions to N Korea and Charlottesville are no surprise
- The Latest: Putin says opposition must have positive program
- The Latest: Family fears for US couple missing since attacks
'What is the president hiding?' Chuck Schumer says Donald Trump 'covered up' impeachable Ukraine crimes and fears a trial with new witnesses as he claims ‘many’ Republicans want to hear new evidence in Senate trial have 323 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 16, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.