As Donald Trump flew to Florida on Saturday for a pair of political events, he could look back on what had been the best and worst of weeks. On Wednesday, he returned from a summit in London to mark the seventieth anniversary of NATO, where a hot mike captured some of his fellow world leaders mocking him. Less than twenty-four hours later, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi confirmed that the House Judiciary Committee will proceed with drafting articles of impeachment against Trump, which all but assured that he will become only the fourth President in history—along with Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon, and Bill Clinton—to have an impeachment proceeding against him be approved by committee and referred to the full House for a vote. But, after all this, Trump received a big political boost on Friday when the Labor Department reported that the U.S. economy had created two hundred and sixty-six thousand jobs in November, far more than expected. The unemployment rate last month was just 3.5 per cent, which matched the lowest it had been in fifty years. Trump was jubilant. “GREAT JOBS REPORT!,” he tweeted on Friday morning. Even allowing for the facts that the monthly job figures bounce around… Read full this story
- White House Demands Fed “Immediately” Juice the Economy to Save Trump in 2020
- “A Bit of Crazy Wouldn’t Hurt”: How Bernie Could Go Full Trump in 2020
- What If Trump Has Been a Russian Asset Since 1987?
- Pete Buttigieg on How He Plans to Win the Democratic Nomination and Defeat Donald Trump
- 39 outrageous lines from Donald Trump's wild, impromptu, news conference on the White House lawn
- 29 outrageous lines from Donald Trump's wild, impromptu, news conference on the White House lawn
- Trump ignites new immigration furor ahead of State of the Union
- Did Trump pull a switcheroo? Roundup of SOTU commentary
- How the Democrats’ Biggest Donor Is Playing Into Trump’s Hands
- The Memo: Trump world faces sea of troubles
What Does a Strong Jobs Report Mean for Trump’s Chances in 2020? have 319 words, post on www.newyorker.com at December 7, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.