Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler said President Trump could become a ‘dictator’ if his powers were left unchecked, while his GOP counterpart, Rep. Doug Collins, called impeachment ‘the Big Lie.’ ‘If the president can first abuse his power and then stonewall all Congressional requests for information, Congress cannot fulfill its duty to act as a check and balance against the executive. And the president becomes a dictator,’ Nadler warned in the opening moments of his committee’s first prime-time impeachment hearing. Following the pattern that would continue all night, Collins followed Nadler with a frenzied pushback against impeachment, labeling it ‘The Big Lie.’ ‘What’s the Big Lie? It’s the one Democrats have told the American people for the last three years,’ Collins said. ‘The Big Lie is that the ends justify the means. The Big Lie is that a sham impeachment is OK because the threat is so great. The Big Lie is that political expedience is honorable and justifiable.’ House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (left) and Republican ranking member Doug Collins (right) delivered remarks at the beginning of Wednesday night’s impeachment hearing Rep. Jerry Nadler (left) argued for impeachment, Rep. Doug Collins (right) argued against it House Judiciary Committee… Read full this story
- EXCLUSIVE – Hantler: If The Democrats Remove Governor Eric Greitens, Their Witch Hunt of Donald Trump Will Be Emboldened
- Trump assails Comey in tweetstorm, suggests ex-FBI director deserves 'jail'
- GOP members hesitant to back Trump in 2020
- House approves impeachment inquiry rules after fiery floor debate
- Diamond and Silk hearing quickly results in partisan bickering
- Republicans warn Trump against axing Mueller
- House GOP targets Rosenstein as Trump weighs his firing
- Trump’s Man on Campus
- Trump vs Putin? Time to Be ‘Scared’
- Trump vows to 'fight back' against Mueller probe
Top impeachment Democrat Jerry Nadler calls Donald Trump a 'dictator' and GOP leader Doug Collins says impeachment is 'the big lie' as Judiciary Committee members hold first prime-time hearing have 289 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 12, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.