close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for Dec. 22 Fox News Flash top headlines for Dec. 22 are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com There was no breaking point or seminal moment that prompted Akim Aliu to post two tweets less than a minute apart that would rock the NHL in a matter of hours. Aliu was scrolling through the timeline on his phone when he saw a report of how just-fired Toronto Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock had mistreated Mitch Marner, his prized rookie forward. “It was a spur of the moment kind of thing,” Aliu explained during an interview this past week at a gym near Toronto. A few highway exits from his home, this is where the 30-year-old works out to stay in shape in case some team gives him one more shot at playing. “I sent it out and didn’t even think anything of it, and just went into the steam room for 20 minutes,” he said. “I did a couple of hot-cold rounds in the shower and when I came out it was crazy.” The tweets went viral, and missed calls and text messages were piling up when Aliu returned. “I was like, `Woah, like… Read full this story
- At 35, Curtis McElhinney, a Journeyman Goalie, Gets His Moment
- Vinicius Junior: The Future Is Now for Real Madrid's 18-Year-Old Sensation
- The Future Is Now at Real Madrid
- Joe Pavelski Sparks the Sharks, Whether He’s on the Ice or Not
- Real Madrid, post-Ronaldo, faces a reckoning
- Backup goalie Garret Sparks back with Maple Leafs
- GB women’s hockey head coach Mark Hager defends methods after accusations of bullying tactics
- Formula E: is it the real deal?
- Carl Hagelin Made a Habit of Knocking Off the Capitals. Now He Is One of Them.
- Curtis McElhinney goes from a stop-gap goalie pickup to a reliable stopper for the Canes
'This is for real' - journeyman Aliu sparks hockey reckoning have 306 words, post on www.foxnews.com at December 22, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.