Disney CEO Bob Iger is the businessperson of the year. Time magazine has named 16-year-old climate change activist Greta Thunberg as its 2019 person of the year, making her the youngest ever recipient of the annual distinction. Thunberg was chosen from a shortlist that also included President Donald Trump, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, the anonymous whistleblower whose complaint ultimately led to the Trump impeachment inquiry and pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Chinese leader Xi Jinping, US soccer star Megan Rapinoe, Rudy Giuliani and New Zealand prime minister Jacinda Ardern were also considered for the honor. The Sweden native gained attention for skipping school to protest in front of the Swedish Parliament and addressing the UN in a viral speech in which she berated heads of state for not doing enough to battle the environmental crisis. “You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words. And yet I’m one of the lucky ones. People are suffering. People are dying,” Thunberg said in part. “Entire ecosystems are collapsing. We are in the beginning of a mass extinction, and all you can talk about is money and fairy tales of eternal economic growth. How… Read full this story
- World faces weather CHAOS as climate change threatens to shut down Atlantic Ocean’s flow, warn scientists
- Why are video games better at recognising the dangers of climate change than politicians?
- Civilization 6: Gathering Storm will introduce disasters and player-created climate change
- Civ 6 and the Failure of Staying Mum on Climate Change
- News Analysis: Germany wants to fight climate change, but who will pay the bill?
- NASA Latest News & Update: Trump Plans To End Climate Change Research Facility To Focus On Space Exploration?
- Climate Change debunked.
- Fortnite Streamed on Twitch By Scientists to Promote Climate Change Awareness
- Civ 6: Gathering Storm: release date, new civs, climate change, and World Congress
- Iceland holds funeral for 700-year-old glacier killed by climate change
Teen Climate Change Activist Greta Thunberg Named Time Person of the Year have 330 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.