The video, which has sparked outrage after going viral online, shows visibly terrified Kymie du Toit crying out for help as she’s manhandled by a group of officers. The 28-year-old was on her way home from a babysitting job in Pretoria just before midnight last Tuesday when she was approached by a police vehicle flashing blue lights. “I was beaten, kicked and my face smashed against the cement floor,” she said in an interview with the Rapport newspaper. “My knee hurts and my arms are full of blue spots.” According to News24, the nursery school teacher had been sexually harassed in February after being duped into stopping at a fake roadblock. After that incident, police advised her that in future she should drive to a safe place before stopping — the same advice has been given by women’s safety groups in South Africa, where criminals often impersonate police. Ms du Toit had turned on her hazard lights and driven to the nearest petrol station. In the video, she opens her door as the officers, two men and two women, rush towards her car. As she steps out of the white VW Polo, they grab her by the arm and begin… Read full this story
- South African man 'who filmed himself torturing, raping and then killing a woman in Alaska hotel room' is indicted on eight felony charges as FBI joins expanding investigation
- Horrifying moment French backpacker is dragged into a car before being gang-raped by three men as she walked to her hotel late at night in Cambodia
- Husband cuts off rapist's penis after seeing his own wife being sexually assaulted near their home in Ukraine – and faces a longer sentence than her attacker
- 'She's very dead... it looks like her head has been beaten in': Killer David Pomphret's chilling 999 call claiming he had innocently found his wife's bloodied body is released as he begins life sentence for her murder
- The 'Paddington Pooper' goes global: Roxy Jacenko's mystery poo jogger makes international headlines as the hunt to find the woman continues
- Sexual violence in South Africa: 'I was raped, now I fear for my daughters'
- A bomb silenced Daphne Caruana Galizia. But her investigation lives on
- 'Like a global corporation': Hunting down Asia's El Chapo
- The Oppositional, Defiant Teen
- Crimes of Opportunity
Screaming woman dragged from car and assaulted by South African police in chilling CCTV footage have 374 words, post on www.news.com.au at December 9, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.