WASHINGTON: Three legal experts told U.S. lawmakers on Wednesday that President Donald Trump’s efforts to pressure Ukraine to investigate a political rival amounted to impeachable offences, in a hearing that laid the groundwork for formal charges to be filed against the president. Democrats on the House of Representatives Judiciary Committee said they may look beyond Trump’s relations with Ukraine as they draw up articles of impeachment, to include his earlier efforts to impede former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation of his campaign’s relations with Russia “The president’s alleged offences represent a direct threat to the constitutional order,” Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler said. The impeachment inquiry, launched in September, focuses on Trump’s request that Ukraine conduct investigations that could harm political rival Joe Biden, a leading contender for the Democratic 2020 presidential nomination. The hearing on Wednesday was the committee’s first to examine whether Trump’s actions qualify as “high crimes and misdemeanours” punishable by impeachment under the U.S. Constitution. Three law professors chosen by the Democrats made clear during the lengthy session that they believed Trump’s actions constituted impeachable offences. “If what we’re talking about is not impeachable, then nothing is impeachable,” said University of North Carolina law professor Michael… Read full this story
- Donald Trump Calls for Mitt Romney to Be Impeached
- Donald Trump: Impeach Nancy Pelosi
- Donald Trump: Investigate Adam Schiff for ‘Fraud & Treason’
- Black Lives Saved as Donald Trump Ends Barack Obama’s Crime Wave
- Historian MICHAEL BURLEIGH exposes the secret war blueprint Donald Trump's Iran-hating adviser hopes will set the Middle East ablaze
- Gloria Steinem Wants a 'Mass Uprising' if Donald Trump Is Elected President
- Donald Trump will attempt to dismantle the EPA …is it possible?
- 10 Times Donald Trump Has Been Accused of Sexual Harassment—or Worse
- Moonlight Manifesto: Reflection on the Election of Donald Trump
- Elizabeth Warren Calls Donald Trump A Loser In Epic Twitter Rant
Legal experts called by Democrats tell Congress that Donald Trump's actions are impeachable have 316 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at December 5, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.