QUINCY, MA — Quincy police are praising the couple that turned in what they describe as a “large sum of money” this week. Now they are looking to return the cash to the rightful owners. “What would you do if you found a large sum of money less than a week before Christmas??” Quincy police posted on their social media pages. “An amazing couple turned it into QPD!” Because Quincy police want to make sure anyone claiming the cash is, in fact, the rightful owner, they are keeping the details of when it was found, where it was found and how much it was confidential. Those looking to claim the lost bills will be asked to provide specific details about the money — including amount, denomination and what they refer to as packaging — in hopes of verifying that anyone saying the money is theirs is telling the truth. If you lost a significant amount of money in the city recently, and would like to put in a claim to have it returned, contact 617-745-5783 and ask to speak with Det. Chuck Landry.Subscribe
- Could you live without cash? Sweden ditches coins and notes
- Honest pensioner hands in Zurich cash stash
- Email scam costs couple £25,000 – but no one will help
- How The Internet’s Bad Pennies (Eventually) Turn Into Gold
- Sister Catherine Cesnik case: With new lead, police reopen old murder case
- THE INTERNET OF SMELLS: Startups Race To Cash In On The Latest Fad
- These Police Body Camera Videos Just Cast Doubt On Dozens Of Gun And Drug Convictions
- Malaysia`s ex-PM Najib rails at police, wife warns of "public trial"
- Your Funds: Can holding cash beat paying off debts?
- Pot or hemp? Local police lack technology to tell difference
Kind Couple Turns In Load Of Cash To Quincy Police have 282 words, post on patch.com at December 20, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.