By Chioma Obinna As debates continue on the Lagos State Health Insurance Scheme, the National Health Insurance Scheme, NHIS, has picked holes in its structure, saying, it lacks a constituted governing council. The Management of the NHIS has also urged the State government to constitute a proper and effective structure to drive the sustainability of its health insurance scheme. READ ALSO:Alleged fraud: I’ll not shield my aides from prosecution – Ortom(Opens in a new browser tab) The General Manager, South-West Zonal Coordinator of NHIS, Mr Olufemi Akingbade, who spoke at the Annual General Meeting/Scientific Conference of the Lagos Medical Guild in Lagos with the theme: “Lagos State Health Scheme: The Facts, The Myths” explained having a Board would ensure effective operation within the defined scope of the law and make sure that funds meant for the scheme are judiciously implemented to drive effective healthcare delivery system. “This Board should include individuals with experience in operation of health insurance and not just politicians.” He further identified the need for the appointment of an external auditor that would do the check and balance of the operation of the Scheme. Akigbade, however described the step taken by the state government as a bold… Read full this story
- NHIS finally suspends Usman Yusuf
- Nigeria needs right political will to drive health insurance, UHC – HCPAN
- ‘Nigerian Health sector, currently under attack’
- HEALTH AGENDA: NMA organises debate for Lagos governorship candidates
- Illegal operation: LASG shuts 24 health facilities
- Why council tax hike for care raises peanuts
- Over 4,500 enroll for Obaseki’s social health insurance scheme in Ovia, Egor, 4 other LGAs
- Efficient Health Insurance Scheme’ll attract investment to healthcare sector – Obaseki
- Maryland Governor: Opioids Are 'Urgent and Growing Public Health Threat'
Constitute governing council, NHIS tasks Lagos health scheme have 281 words, post on www.vanguardngr.com at December 10, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.