(AP) — Alabama dropped to No. 9 in The Associated Press college football poll, snapping the Crimson Tide’s record streak of 68 appearances in the top five. The top four teams in the AP Top 25 presented by Regions Bank were unchanged, with LSU at No. 1, followed by Ohio State, Clemson and Georgia. The Buckeyes gained on LSU after their blowout victory at Michigan, receiving 19 first-place votes. The Tigers had 40, down 10 from last week. Clemson received three first-place votes. Utah moved up to No. 5, followed by Oklahoma, Florida and Baylor. The Crimson Tide lost to Auburn in a wild Iron Bowl on Saturday to give it two regular-season losses for the first time since 2010. The four-spot drop by Alabama broke a string of top-five appearances that began Nov. 8, 2015. The week before the Tide’s run started it had been seventh, and it had been as low as 12th earlier that season. Alabama passed the old record for consecutive top-five appearances of 55 by Miami (Oct. 8, 2000-Oct. 26, 2003) last season. Wisconsin moved up three spots to No. 10 after routing Minnesota. The Gophers dropped six spots to No. 15. POLL POINTS Alabama could still finish ranked in the top five… Read full this story
- Dow drops more than 900 points, ending worst week since 2008
- Five takeaways from the final Associated Press Poll release
- Women's college basketball rankings: South Carolina finishes No. 1, Oregon No. 2 in final AP Top 25
- Just 2 in 5 Americans canceled plans to be in crowds last week as coronavirus pandemic escalated, polls show
- Global stocks outlook still positive, but vulnerable to coronavirus: Reuters poll
- Number of flights drops more than 40% in a fortnight as travellers are urged to stay at home and airlines ground planes amid coronavirus pandemic
- State urged to drop Marina-Besant Nagar linking plan
- Gas prices dropping in northern New England, across nation
- Trump announces guidelines to slow coronavirus spread; Ohio primary polls closed over coronavirus 'emergency'
- For release weekend editions, March 14-15
AP Poll: Gophers Drop To #15 After Being Routed By Badgers have 310 words, post on minnesota.cbslocal.com at December 1, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.