LOS ANGELES: Actor Jamie Foxx is set to be felicitated with the Spotlight Award at the 31st edition of Palm Springs Film Festival. The 52-year-old actor is currently receiving critical acclaim for his turn as Walter McMillian in ‘Just Mercy’, co-starring Michael B Jordan. Foxx will be honoured with the award on the opening day of festival, which will run from January 2-13. “In ‘Just Mercy’, Jamie Foxx gives a moving and truly remarkable performance as Walter McMillian, a man sentenced to death for a murder, for which he was wrongly convicted,” festival chairman Harold Matzner said in a statement. “This is an inspiring drama that brings an important story about how our justice system can fail to the big screen. It is a story that audiences should see. It is our honour to present the Spotlight Award, Actor to Jamie Foxx,” he added. Past recipients of the Spotlight Award are Timothee Chalamet, Bryan Cranston, Andrew Garfield, Sam Rockwell and JK Simmons. From A Prolific Screenwriter To Versatile Actor: Kader Khan Over The Years of 6NextPrevPlay SlideshowA Veteran To Remember1 Jan, 2019 Veteran actor Kader Khan, who spelled talent and versatility in Bollywood, passed away on December 31, 2018. The… Read full this story
- Robert De Niro Honored by Variety with Creative Impact in Acting Award at Palm Springs Film Festival
- Cynthia Erivo Honored With Breakthrough Performance Award at Palm Springs Film Festival
- Antichrist: a work of genius or the sickest film in the history of cinema?
- Cannes Film Festival 2018: Everything you need to know
- Jamie Foxx is casual cool in green sweater with Saint Laurent boots as he is joined by handsome co-star Michael B. Jordan at SiriusXM
- Filmgoing Frenzy About to Start at Palm Springs Film Festival
- Adam Driver Set To Receive Palm Springs Film Festival’s Desert Palm Achievement Award, Actor
- Celebs we saw at Mill Valley Film Festival 2019
- Here Are Some Performances and Films Academy Voters May Have Missed (Column)
- Film News Roundup: Cynthia Erivo, Beanie Feldstein to Be Honored at Santa Barbara Film Festival
Actor Jamie Foxx to receive Spotlight Award at Palm Spring Film Festival for film 'Just Mercy' have 330 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at December 27, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.