James McAvoy and new wife Lisa Liberati celebrated Halloween dressed as Fanta sodas Wednesday, coming just days after their secret marriage.
‘Happiest of Halloweens!’ the Glasgow native, 40, wrote in the caption, tagging the beverage company. ‘Hope yours was as Fantatastic as ours.’
The marriage to Liberati, 40, who he first crossed paths with on the set of Split in Philadelphia, came about three years after he split from his wife of 11 years, according to one of his close friends.
The latest: James McAvoy and new wife Lisa Liberati, both 40, celebrated Halloween dressed as Fanta sodas Wednesday, coming just days after their secret marriage
The Scottish actor was the star of the 2016 M. Night Shyamalan thriller, on which Liberati worked as a production assistant.
The leading man had been married at the time to actress Anne-Marie Duff, but was in the process of separating from her after 11 years of marriage.
Just two months after the divorce was finalized, McAvoy and Liberati posted a number of pictures of themselves on Instagram together, at a fancy dress party, to announce their relationship.
The couple was recently spotted having returned to Philadelphia, and Lisa was wearing a wedding ring.
Earlier this year, Lisa was spotted wearing a wedding ring during their trip to Philadelphia
Glasgow-born James first met Lisa when he filmed the movie Split in Philadelphia two years ago (together left). He was married to actress Anne-Marie Duff at the time (together right) but was in the process of getting a divorce
Director Jamie Lloyd, who is a close friend of the Glasgow-born actor, said he believes the pair have now wed in private. Lloyd is currently directing James at the upcoming West End play Cyrano de Bergerac.
He was overheard at actor David Suchet’s party in London last week describing how Lisa visits him often during rehearsals, and referred to her as James’ ‘wife’ and said they married ‘recently.’
A spokesman for James declined to comment.
McAvoy earlier this week spoke with Radio Times to plug the BBC’s His Dark Materials, based off of the Philip Pullman novels.
‘It was actually very last minute – I happened to be chatting to the casting director, who’s a friend of mine, waxing lyrical about how much I love the books, and then they got let down by whoever else was doing it originally,’ McAvoy told the outlet. ‘So she called me up and said, “Do you think you can start on Monday?” That was on the Friday’ before.
‘I think they’d possibly been let down by a couple of people last minute.’
Two months after James’s divorce was finalized, the new couple posted a number of pictures of themselves on Instagram together at a fancy dress party to announce their relationship
McAvoy plays Lord Asriel in the series, which features a cast including Lin-Manuel Miranda and Ruth Wilson.
‘I know that character inside out, I know the books inside out, so I just hit the ground running,’ he said. ‘I was prepared for it without having to prepare for it,’ he said. ‘I have a vision of that character, and I have a belief or certain goals and beliefs for what that character should achieve, and what should come across.’
McAvoy said he cares ‘deeply’ that the books are done justice in the BBC adaptation.
‘I would hate to watch this and go, “Oh, that’s not the Lord Asriel I’ve always wanted to see!” And I’m playing it!’
- A royal disaster! Gwendoline Christie leads the list of worst-dressed stars at the Emmy Awards as she hits the red carpet in regal ROBES - while others don neon nightmares and frightful frothy pink frocks
- Rita Ora goes racy in leopard print, Maya Jama shows off her twerking skills and Charli XCX bares all in a sheer mini as the stars enjoy VERY wild GQ Men Of The Year afterparty (but it looks like Brooklyn Beckham overdid the celebrations)
- Welcome to the madhouse! Webcam stripper Chloe Mafia, Geordie Shore's Marnie Simpson and American singer Aubrey O’Day make an eye-popping first impression in their skimpy ensembles as they lead the star-studded Celebrity Big Brother line-up
- Dancing With The Stars: Hannah Brown fights back tears after harsh critique during Halloween Night
- Will Smith shows off his dance moves as he takes to the stage with stunning wife Jada for epic concert following Gemini Man premiere in Budapest
- Terrence Howard takes his rarely seen youngest kids as well as partner Mira to Hollywood as he gets a star on the Walk Of Fame
- An incomplete, depressingly long list of celebrities’ sexual assault and harassment stories [UPDATED]
- Life after Love Actually: As child star Thomas Brodie-Sangster unveils a dramatic new look, we reveal the VERY different fortunes of the movie's cast - from a gigging comedian to Oscars success
- Jennifer Lopez, 50, displays her abs and toned pins in white crop top and blue dress as she joins fiancé Alex Rodriguez, 44, at Magic Johnson's birthday party in St Tropez
- Facebook beats Twitter at fighting fake news, a new study found
- Pennywise Is Happy He Gets to Hang With the Big Kids in the It Sequel
- Taylor Swift shows off her legs in bold Versace set as Jessica Alba and Sarah Hyland take the plunge in low-cut ensembles at the 2019 Teen Choice Awards
- America’s gangland: How Chicago became a cultural capital of crime
- This Week In Tabloids: Can You Imagine Mariah Carey Watching Someone Pee On You?
- This Week in Tabloids: Caitlyn Jenner, Tori Spelling, and More
- Donal Logue on
- The best of film 2014: The ballots
- Gossip Roundup: Church of Scientology Lawsuit and More
- Where Did North West Learn How to Sew? At Camp, of Course.
- Where Did North West Learn to Sew? At Camp, of Course
X-Men actor James McAvoy celebrates 'Fantatastic' Halloween with new wife Lisa Liberati as they dress like sodas in rare selfie have 974 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 1, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.