Photo: Cristiano Minichiello/Shutterstock Photo: Cristiano Minichiello/Shutterstock Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Photo: Cristiano Minichiello/Shutterstock ‘The Crown’ Has Not Cast Imelda Staunton for Seasons 5 and 6, Netflix Says 1 / 1 Back to Gallery Netflix is shooting down reports that Imelda Staunton is joining “The Crown.” “We are currently filming season 4 of ‘The Crown’ but have not commissioned any further seasons as yet, therefore any news on casting remains pure speculation,” a Netflix spokesperson said in a statement. More from Variety Why Vocal Performances in Animated Films Deserve Their Own Oscars Category South Korean Producer Studio Dragon Sets Partnership With Netflix ‘Black Summer’ Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix Staunton, known to many as the despicable Dolores Umbridge in the “Harry Potter” franchise, was rumored to be taking over the mantle of Queen Elizabeth II from Olivia Colman for seasons 5 and 6 of the historical drama. Staunton recently starred in the latest “Maleficent” flick, and showed her period pedigree with an appearance in the “Downton Abbey” movie, also in 2019. On the TV side, she starred opposite Martin Freeman in the ITV drama “A Confession” earlier this year. Season 3 of “The… Read full this story
- Imelda Staunton reveals details of working with husband Jim Carter on Downton Abbey film
- Netflix says happy birthday to
- Netflix hunts long-term UK production base amid race for studios
- The Keys to happiness: Inside the palm-fringed Florida resort where Netflix series Bloodline was filmed that’s paradise on earth
- Who is in The Crown season 2 cast? Claire Foy, Matt Smith, Vanessa Kirby and Greg Wise star in Netflix Original series
- Gillian Anderson casting as Margaret Thatcher in The Crown prompts a VERY mixed response - with fans joking that they don't want to 'fancy the Iron Lady'
- Prince Philip’s brilliant response when asked if he watched The Crown… but star Matt Smith claims the Queen DOES watch hit show
- Netflix’s The Crown viewers stunned by the Royals’ ‘non-stop smoking’ in season 3
- The Crown's Helena Bonham Carter showcases her off-duty style as she goes Christmas shopping in a longline cardigan, chunky socks and fluffy pink snood
- The best Netflix documentaries – From Fyre to Cowspiracy
‘The Crown’ Has Not Cast Imelda Staunton for Seasons 5 and 6, Netflix Says have 348 words, post on www.chron.com at November 22, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.