Photo: G.P. Putnam’s Sons/Jacob Tobia Photo: G.P. Putnam’s Sons/Jacob Tobia Image 1 of / 1 Caption Close Image 1 of 1 Photo: G.P. Putnam’s Sons/Jacob Tobia Showtime to Develop Series Based on Jacob Tobia Memoir ‘Sissy’ (EXCLUSIVE) 1 / 1 Back to Gallery Showtime is developing a half-hour dramedy based on Jacob Tobia’s memoir, Variety has learned exclusively. Tobia is a non-binary LGBTQ rights activist, actor, producer, and author. Their memoir, “Sissy: A Coming-of-Gender Story,” was published earlier this year by Putnam Books at Penguin Random House. The series, currently titled “Sissy,” would follow Tobi Gibran, a non-binary college grad and full time gender weirdo from North Carolina. Tobi moves to New York City in search of queer utopia. Though they score a prestigious job at the UN, Tobi quickly learns that NYC is less “glittering trans paradise” and more “trash-filled hell with a side of street harassment.” More from Variety ‘Desus & Mero’ Renewed for Season 2 at Showtime Juliette Lewis, Christina Ricci Join Showtime ‘Yellowjackets’ Pilot ‘Back to Life’ Renewed for Season 2 at Showtime Tobia will co-write and co-executive produce the project, with Michael Lannan set to co-write in addition to serving as executive producer and showrunner. “Sissy” will… Read full this story
- HBO Max Orders ‘The Shining’ Offshoot ‘Overlook’, J.J. Abrams’ ‘Duster’ & Justice League Dark Series From Bad Robot
- Life Of Priest-Turned-Ecstasy Kingpin Michael Clegg In Works As Limited Series At OBB & 3 Arts
- The best shows premiering or returning in spring 2020
- ‘Spider-Man’ Sequels Pushed Back Amid Sony Release Schedule Shuffle
- The best free Kindle books for 2020
- Eros India CEO Explains STX Merger Logic: "The Bigger Story Is on the OTT Side"
- Animation Producer Katie Krentz Re-Ups Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
Showtime to Develop Series Based on Jacob Tobia Memoir ‘Sissy’ (EXCLUSIVE) have 283 words, post on www.chron.com at November 21, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.