The greatest player in the history of college football (IMHO, and just barely ahead of Barry Sanders) has seen another of his records fall to the wayside. On a three-yard run early in the fourth quarter of Saturday’s game against Nebraska, Wisconsin’s Jonathan Taylor pushed his career total to 5,598 yards (and counting). That moved him past Georgia Hall of Famer Herschel Walker‘s 5,596 for the most rushing yards through their junior season in FBS history. The record breaking run for @BadgerFootball RB @JayT23 🐐 pic.twitter.com/NllwPnqf6X — FOX College Football (@CFBONFOX) November 16, 2019 Taylor, who ran for 1,977 yards as a true freshman and 2,194 last season, still has two games remaining in the regular season plus at least one in the postseason to add to his total. If Taylor eschews the NFL draft and returns to school, he could surpass former Wisconsin running back Ron Dayne as the NCAA’s all-time leading rusher (7,125 from 1996-99, including bowl games) even as the NCAA officially recognizes San Diego State’s Donnel Pumphrey (6,405) as its all-time leading rusher because the organization doesn’t recognize any statistics earned in bowl games played prior to 2002. Taylor will enter Week 13 with 5,634 career… Read full this story
- 'I was taught in the schools and churches of Kentucky': George Clooney fires back at Kentucky AG who criticized celebs for commenting on Breonna Taylor case having never lived in the state
- 'He touched everybody's life so beautifully': Michael Ball and Louise Minchin break down on BBC Breakfast as Captain Tom's version of You'll Never Walk Alone is played on show
- Super Bowl LV's standout receivers take aim at single-game receptions record
- ‘Bridgerton’ Smashes Netflix Viewership Records To Become Streamer’s Biggest Series Ever
- Giants should package these players for Deshaun Watson, ex-quarterback says
- FMIA Week 6: Chiefs-Patriots Leaves Expectations in the Rearview
- 'It's over, let's move on': Republican senators blast Trump's second impeachment as 'dead on arrival' - after 45 of them effectively signaled ex-president will be acquitted by voting the trial 'unconstitutional'
- NAACP Image Awards Nominations: Netflix Tops List With ‘Bridgerton’, ‘Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom’ & ‘Da 5 Bloods’
- Google self-driving car engineer who stole 14,000 files of trade secrets before going to work for Uber is pardoned by Donald Trump
- Bannon's VERY rocky road to pardon: How millionaire ex-Breitbart chairman who led Trump to victory resigned as chief strategist after fall out with Javanka and was arrested on Chinese fugitive's yacht for 'robbing $1 million from Trump wall donors'
Jonathan Taylor breaks one of Herschel Walker’s rushing records have 401 words, post on collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com at November 16, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.