KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Deshaun Watson threw for 280 yards and a touchdown while running for two more, outdueling Chiefs counterpart Patrick Mahomes in a matchup of former first-round picks and leading the Houston Texans to a 31-24 victory over Kansas City on Sunday. Carlos Hyde added 116 yards rushing and a touchdown against the team that traded him to Houston (4-2) before the start of the season. DeAndre Hopkins hauled in nine passes for 55 yards. None was bigger than his last, when the Texans star made a sliding grab on fourth-and-3 from the Kansas City 27 with just under 2 minutes to go. That allowed Houston to run out the clock and deal the Chiefs (4-2) their second consecutive loss — both at Arrowhead Stadium. Mahomes, who was selected two spots ahead of Watson in the 2017 draft, finished with 273 yards passing and three touchdowns, though he also threw his first interception of the season. Star wide receiver Tyreek Hill returned to action for the first time since Week 1, when he broke his collarbone, to catch five passes for 80 yards and two of the Chiefs’ scores. It wasn’t a pretty game for either side…. Read full this story
- Chicago Bears 24-20 Detroit Lions: Mitchell Trubisky leads Bears to comeback victory
- Chiefs-Titans Preview Capsule
- Raiders-Chiefs Preview: Battle For AFC West Lead Heats Up
- ‘Don’t Expect Raiders Defense To Keep Up With Chiefs,’ Says Nate Burleson Of NFL Today
- Hoyer has stellar half for 49ers, before 32-31 Vikings rally
- NFL Sunday: Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Deshaun Watson and Jimmy Garoppolo on show
- How they've changed! From Emma Watson to Calvin Harris, celebrities at their FIRST red carpet appearances compared to now
- Rinne makes 31 saves, Predators beat Hurricanes 3-0
- Heather Watson: 'Wimbledon is difficult to gauge but I'm playing well'
- Rams still top AP Pro32 poll; Patriots, Chiefs tied at No. 2
Watson, Hyde lead Chiefs to 31-24 victory over Chiefs have 298 words, post on www.seattletimes.com at October 13, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.