LONDON: US businesswoman Jennifer Arcuri on Monday (Oct 7) repeatedly refused to answer questions about whether or not she had an intimate relationship with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson when he was mayor of London.
The Sunday Times has reported that when Johnson was mayor he failed to declare close personal links to Arcuri who received thousands of pounds in public business funding and places on official trade trips.
Speaking to ITV, Arcuri said she had bonded with Johnson when he was mayor of London over classical literature and that they discussed French philosopher Voltaire.
But asked repeatedly about whether she had an affair with Johnson or intimate relations with him, she either sidestepped the question or openly refused to answer.
“I really am not going to answer that question,” Arcuri told ITV. “It’s really categorically no one’s business what private life we had or didn’t have.
“And categorically more important, Boris never ever gave me favouritism, never once did I ask him for a favour, never once did he write a letter of recommendation for me.”
Arcuri said that after they first bonded over literature and discussed venture capital for the technology sector, she and Johnson began sending text messages and then he would visit her office at her apartment in London, sometimes on his way home.
“There was plenty of office space for him to come visit,” Arcuri said. He visited around five or perhaps 10 times, she said. “I didn’t think it was awkward at all.”
She quipped that she once offered Johnson the chance to have a go on her dancing pole but he refused.
“He sat down with his tea and started muttering,” she said.
Johnson has denied there was any impropriety in the relationship.
The government of London said last month it had referred Johnson to Britain’s police watchdog for potential investigation over allegations of misconduct involving Arcuri.
- Boris Johnson could face prison if he snubs probe into relationship with Jennifer Arcuri
- Brexit: What derailed Boris Johnson’s EU divorce bill – and is it dead?
- Decision on whether Boris Johnson should face criminal investigation over his relationship with Jennifer Arcuri is shelved until AFTER the election
- General election: 43 lies, gaffes and scandals that make Boris Johnson unfit to rule
- Ex-Model Arcuri Slams 'Orchestrated Attack' Over Allegations of Improper Dealings With Boris Johnson
- Defiant Boris Johnson goes arm in arm with Carrie Symonds at Tory conference as aides slam police referral over US model as ‘nakedly political put-up job’
- Boris Johnson had 'affair' after 'simmering sexual tension' with friend, 34
- 'I am being a model of restraint': Defiant Boris Johnson dismisses fury over his 'surrender' jibes at Remainer MPs as he kicks off Tory conference amid bitter standoff over rebel law against No Deal
- Probe of Boris Johnson's relationship with US woman shelved until after election
- How Boris Johnson made the 'Sextator' more top shelf than top drawer: RICHARD KAY on intrigue, affairs and sexual shenanigans at The Spectator as PM is accused of 'groping' while its editor
- Bitter blue-on-blue as Boris Johnson and Jeremy Hunt clash on live TV
- 'You can't hide forever!' Boris Johnson vents fury at 'yellow belly' Jeremy Corbyn after MPs BLOCK his latest bid for snap election - then SHUTS Parliament for five weeks saying he will REFUSE to extend Brexit despite Remainer law
- Boris Johnson refuses to answer questions over party in Lebedev mansion
- Boris Johnson admits he doesn't REMEMBER lunch where he is alleged to have groped the thigh of journalist Charlotte Edwardes but still insists he knows the claims are not true
- Boris Johnson admits ‘tempers need to come down’ after furious Jo Cox row over MPs’ language – but refuses to stop saying ‘surrender’
- Brexit: Boris Johnson's opponents unite in wake of Parliament shutdown
- Boris Johnson blasts MPs for ‘not trusting the people’ with Brexit election and accuses Jeremy Corbyn’s ‘zombie’ party of keeping UK captive in EU
- Boris Johnson warns Brussels that Britain cannot be 'held against its will' as Ireland mounts all-out bid to kill off his fledgling Brexit blueprint before it has even been formally tabled
- Dominic Cummings' wife denies she was the second woman 'groped by Boris Johnson': Mary Wakefield speaks out over rumours surrounding journalist Charlotte Edwardes' account of under-table antics during lunch
- British PM Boris Johnson's party under fire for doctoring Brexit video clip of rival
US entrepreneur Arcuri refuses to answer questions about intimacy with Boris Johnson have 714 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at October 7, 2019. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.