The five best movie soundtracks by a single artist
Comingsoon.net is turning up the volume to figure out which single-artist soundtracks stand out most. Check out our selections in the gallery below!
A movie’s soundtrack is essential to the way the viewer interprets the mood or the tone of the film itself. Upbeat music, somber scores, popular hits—each has a different impact on the way the images on screen are interpreted by the moviegoer. As a result, it’s especially impressive when a single artists takes on the task of making a soundtrack all by themselves.
While composers do this sort of thing all the time, it’s worth noting that a musical artist is working with a lot less than a full symphonic orchestra. Some artists even limit themselves to just a couple of instruments and the sound of their voices. From post-grad dramas to sprawling epics to childhood fantasies, these are the absolute best movie soundtracks done by a single artist.
- Black Panther roars with early Grammy Award win for musical score
- Black Panther roars with two Grammy Award wins
- See which Tennessee, Big Ears festival artists made the News Sentinel's top albums of 2018
- The year in music: The best albums of 2018
- Fall Out Boy, with Wisconsin native Andy Hurley, up for Best Rock Album Grammy
- The 34 Best Things to Do in Portland This Week: Sept 30-Oct 3
- The 11 best amusement parks in Florida, 2019 edition
- Best and worst of Summerfest Day 10: The Band Perry satisfies while DNCE stumbles
- Synth-pop sensation Sigrid talks love for Canada, debut album ‘Sucker Punch’
- Big Little Lies music: All the songs from season 2 so far