Jo Whiley and James Jordan are among the celebrities who have told of their shock after Dev Griffin got the boot from Strictly.
The Radio 1 DJ and his professional partner Dianne Buswell were eliminated from the BBC competition on Sunday after a dance-off against Viscountess Weymouth and Aljaz Skorjanec, despite many fans thinking Griffin was one of the stronger competitors.
DJ and presenter Whiley said she was “gobsmacked and gutted” at the decision.
“Sending massive love. You’ve shone through @bbcstrictly & this feels very wrong,” she said.
“Dev was a potential finalist… Why?????” tweeted former Strictly pro Jordan.
“As dancers there’s absolutely no comparison Dev is far far better even though this was his weakest dance so far,” he said.
“Although Emma’s performance was more fun and energetic but the judges should be judging the dancing and public judge their favourite.”
Presenter Gaby Roslin said it was “crazy”.
“What the heck?” she tweeted. “That’s crazy. No way??? #Strictlyresults.”
Griffin’s fellow contestant Saffron Barker said she was stunned that he was out.
“Absolutely gutted and shocked with tonight’s results .. @dbuzz6589 & @dev_101 you were absolutely amazing every week!!” she posted.
Comedian Chris Ramsey, who is also in the running for the Glitterball trophy, said: “Absolutely gutted I won’t be hanging out with my mate @dev_101 every weekend anymore.
“Big love lad, you’re the best genie the dance floor has ever seen!”
Strictly Come Dancing continues on BBC One.
- Strictly’s Will Bayley 'WON'T be replaced after quitting show over knee injury and only THREE contestants will compete in this year's final'
- Mobile Astronomy: Watch the 'Demon Star' Change in Brightness in a Single Night
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Is Starting to Feel Like Star Trek
- Last Night's 'Star Trek: Discovery' Was a Fistful of Vulcan
- Propel’s dogfighting Star Wars Drones require Jedi-level piloting skills
- 5 Ways 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' Would Be Different if They Made It Now
- Neutron stars shed neutrinos to cool down quickly
- My journey to the real 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' temple
- [Bonus Round] LEGO Star Wars Microfighters, Bomb Buds, And Mini Warriors
- Review: Lenovo Star Wars: Jedi Challenges