Veteran journalist Sam Donaldson joined CNN’s Brian Stelter today to talk about the Trump impeachment inquiry and the differences between now and the Nixon era. Donaldson said reporters need to keep calling out the facts and not “be afraid of Fox” and the president’s supporters. “We can’t do anything for them except continue to do the job of the press,” he added. At one point, Donaldson predicted that Mitch McConnell will dump Trump if the polling on impeachment changes. “I’m telling you something, if public opinion is strongly for the impeachment and the conviction of President Trump, he will be convicted in the Senate with the Republican help.” “So you listen to the Trump rallies, you think this is not representative of all of America. And you think it’s important for us to see that,” Stelter remarked. Donaldson said of Trump’s rallies, “All the things he says, all the vicious, mean things he says, they love it. There are these people in this country, they’re good Americans otherwise. They’ll probably give you the shirt off their back, they’ll help you if you need, but they have this fixation. They want to return this country to the white Christian country that… Read full this story
- Fan with sign tells Christian Yelich to check his Instagram DMs
- Philadelphia Eagles Fans Want Pope Francis To Bless Sam Bradford's Knees
- Sam Darnold on track to return from mono in Week 5
- DoSomething.org's Naomi Hirabayashi: CMO. Advocate for young people. Fan of great white sharks.
- Jose Mourinho says he wants return to club management by June
- Solskjaer says only 'minority' of United fans want Pogba out
- Geek Week: Apple fans want 3G now, iPhones get 'wow'ed
- Must Reads: Jack White has earned his stripes in baseball
- Black Lives Saved as Donald Trump Ends Barack Obama’s Crime Wave
- Report: Trey Gowdy Joins Trump’s Legal Team to Fight Impeachment
Sam Donaldson: Trump Fans Want Return to White Christian US have 328 words, post on www.mediaite.com at October 13, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.