In his first interview about the explosive ‘Catch and Kill,’ the journalist reveals fresh claims of secret payouts and how Lauer may have played a role in the network’s decision to kill his 2017 Harvey Weinstein exposé: “I’m very clear about the fact that Harvey was laying siege to NBC.” It was September 2017, and Harvey Weinstein was huddled at a corner table at New York’s Loews Regency hotel alongside Dylan Howard, chief content officer of National Enquirer publisher American Media Inc. Weinstein had become increasingly alarmed about a story that Ronan Farrow — then a correspondent for NBC News and most famous for being the son of Mia Farrow and Woody Allen — was vigorously pursuing about the powerful producer’s long-rumored sexual predations. Weinstein had worked to suppress variations of that story for decades, and he was desperate for it to stay secret. But Farrow (along with a team at The New York Times) was closing in. Weinstein wanted to bully NBC News into killing the story. He needed leverage. Howard pulled out several thick manila envelopes and laid out their contents on the table. The men huddled for hours, strategizing quietly. Weinstein had found a pressure point: Matt… Read full this story
- Londoner's Diary: Naomi Campbell claims Harvey Weinstein owes charity
- Harvey Weinstein and wife 'agree £15m divorce settlement'
- Harvey Weinstein ‘slapped in restaurant and called piece of s***'
- BAFTA formally expels Harvey Weinstein over sexual assault claims
- Uma Thurman says Harvey Weinstein 'assaulted her in London hotel'
- Harvey Weinstein sued for sex trafficking
- Harvey Weinstein threatened to kill me: Salma Hayek
- I knew Harvey Weinstein was a womaniser: Matt Damon
- Harvey Weinstein had 'army of spies' to thwart complaints, states new report
- Actress Rose McGowan details alleged sexual assault by 'monster' Harvey Weinstein
Ronan Farrow Strikes Again: A New Book Targets NBC News and How Harvey Weinstein May Have Leveraged Matt Lauer have 300 words, post on www.hollywoodreporter.com at October 9, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.