House Democrats on Wednesday continued their closed-door hearings in the Capitol building basement as part of their so-called impeachment inquiry, just a day after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) announced she would not hold a full House vote to officially launch an impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump. House Democrats are subpoenaing testimony and documents from current and former Trump appointees and career officials who they hope will give them more fodder in their quest to prove allegations by an anonymous “whistleblower” with second-hand information alleging that Trump withheld military aid from Ukraine in exchange for helping the U.S. investigate the origins of the Russia collusion hoax and possible corruption by Hunter Biden.House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) has barred any members of the Judiciary Committee from attending the closed-door hearings, despite the House Judiciary Committee historically being the main committee dealing with impeachment matters, and despite its chairman, Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY), first declaring an impeachment inquiry against Trump. Rather, Pelosi put Schiff in charge of running the “impeachment inquiry” and tasked the House Intelligence, Foreign Affairs, and Oversight Committees with investigating Trump. House Freedom Caucus and member of the Judiciary Committee Andy Biggs (R-AZ) said he tried… Read full this story
- Trump impeachment pushes Himes to forefront of fracas
- DPP employee accused of breaking Official Secrets Act in connection with murder trial to go on trial in May
- The railway hidden in a Belfast basement
- But did the lights stay on?
- Zmitser Bandarenka: Belarus to Become the Stumbling Block for Putin
- Trump’s Inquisitors: How far will the Democrats go with their new found investigative powers?
- Trump lashes out as Democrats open probes into his taxes, Russia ties
- US Congressional investigation zeros in on Deutsche Bank’s relation with Trump
- Which US 2020 candidates won 2018?
- Final goodbye: Roll call of some around the world who died in 2018
Republicans Slam Schiff for Running ‘Soviet-Style’ Secret Basement Impeachment Hearings have 305 words, post on www.breitbart.com at October 16, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.