Despite the big surge in the stock, Macquarie Research downgraded its rating of Netflix to neutral from outperform on Thursday, saying the streaming service’s latest quarterly results were “comforting, but competition is coming.” “We think it will be hard for Netflix to grow much more in the US, and we suspect pricing power is limited. Content costs continue to rise and marketing demands will remain high, and the turn to positive [free cash flow] will take many years, while another debt raise is forthcoming,” Macquarie analysts Tim Nollen and Jordan Boretz wrote in a note to investors. Before reporting third-quarter results on Wednesday, shares of Netflix were down 25% from its all-time high as fears mount about the launch of rival services from the likes of Disney and Apple. Netflix’ third-quarter earnings handily beat Wall Street’s expectations, with revenue coming in nearly on track as well. But Neflix delivered much lower U.S. subscriber growth than anticipated, even as international subscribers growth remained strong. “In some ways Netflix has defied the naysayers in Q3, coming close enough to guidance and delivering impressive revenue and earnings growth. We still think its opportunity is excellent, especially internationally where sub adds should continue to… Read full this story
- Morgan Stanley: Wall Street is wrong, there will be an earnings recession this year
- Netflix and Other Streaming Services May Soon Be Legally Required to Make Content for Europe
- Bank of America says this is a 'make or break' quarter for Netflix
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Tesla, PepsiCo, Netflix, Delta & more
- Disney Plus vs Netflix: who will win?
- What We Liked (And Didn't Like) About
- 'Seems Like It Needs Flavor': 3 Jezebel
- New Details Emerge About Disney's Streaming Service, Which Will Have Less (and Cost Less) Than Netflix
- Castlevania's Netflix Showrunner On Humanizing Villains And What's Wrong (And Right) With Games
- This Is Why You Should Have An Ink Cash Card: Earning 5 Points Per Dollar On Amazon+More; Master List Of Gift Cards Earning 5x
One analyst did not like what he saw out of Netflix earnings have 324 words, post on www.cnbc.com at October 17, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.