October 09, 2019 8:47am by Mia Galuppo
Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lana Wachowski, co-creator and director of the ‘The Matrix,’ are returning.
Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, who played Black Manta in Aquaman, is in talks for the leading role in the new Matrix movie.
Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Lana Wachowski, co-creator and director of the The Matrix, are returning to the fold for a fourth installment of the seminal action franchise. Wachowski is producing the film together with Grant Hill, and co-wrote the screenplay with Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell.
This Week In Heat Vision breakdown
Reeves and Moss reprising their respective roles as action heroes Neo and Trinity. Sources speculate that Abdul-Mateen will pay a young Morpheus, who was played by Lawrence Fishburne in the original franchise.
More to come…
by Ryan Parker, Patrick Shanley
Don’t miss a thing! Sign up for THR’s Today in Entertainment newsletter.
A daily briefing on what matters (and what’s interesting) in Hollywood.
The latest HOLLYWOOD news is on its way!
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II reportedly playing young Morpheus in Matrix 4
- Is Yahya Abdul-Mateen II Playing Young Morpheus in Matrix 4?
- ‘Aquaman’ Dives Into China With $94M; Best-Ever WB, DC & December Bow – International Box Office
- Jason Momoa Ridiculously Shamed on Social Media for Not Being in Aquaman Shape
- Matrix Deepfake: Will Smith Replaces Keanu Reeves in Nightmarish Video
- James Cameron renews attack on superhero movies, targets Aquaman
- Who is Michael B Jordan? Black Panther actor revealed
- 'A fun, feisty woman who battled many demons': Piers Morgan and 'heartbroken' Duncan James lead a host of celebrity tributes to Tara Palmer-Tomkinson as she dies aged 45
- What Is 'The Circle'? 'Catfish' Meets 'Big Brother' In Netflix Reality Competition
- Meet the next big leading man of Hollywood, Adam Driver