A Texas startup invites you to explore the west Texas desert and Big Bend’s scenic trails from the comfort of your own ranch. Rented ranch, that is.
Explore Ranches leases out private properties to travelers who want to take in the state’s rural landscapes and secluded trails that aren’t readily available to the public.
Founders Jay Kleberg — associate director of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation — Allison Ryan, and Jesse Womack in December launched their venture with eight properties from the West Texas Desert to an isolated wonderland surrounded by the Palo Pinto Mountains. So far, all of the rentals are in Texas except for one Colorado parcel.
HoustonChronicle.com: Insurance co. founder lists $30M Houston estate
Each is priced between $1250 to $3000 per night and accommodate anywhere from 8 to 68 people, depending on the property. Rates can also change based on what extra amenities guest can add, like a private chef or fishing excursion.
In the last few months, the company has hosted family holiday trips and reunions, Explore Ranches spokesperson Rebekah Epstein said.
“We are working with small group travel companies on booking experiential trips in the fall,” she explains.
HoustonChronicle.com: Several home foreclosures crop up in Houston’s suburbs
In addition to traditional getaways, Explore Ranches will also host corporate seminars as well as custom-themed trips, including a culinary retreat with acclaimed chef Jesse Griffiths.
“Booking with Explore Ranches is more than just finding accommodations for your trip, it’s an all inclusive vacation in a unique, often remote and wild place,” Epstein said. “Somewhere that’s sharing access for the first time. Exclusive and limited.”
Booking a ranch through this company can be tailored to any experience, she continues.
“Working with the Explore Ranches team means customizing a trip to include vehicle rental, archaeological tours, horseback riding, wildlife experts, guides, personal cooks, and an experience unlike any other.”
NEWS WHEN YOU NEED IT: Text CHRON to 77453 to receive breaking news alerts by text message | Sign up for breaking news alerts delivered to your email here.
- Live like royalty in Queens Park Credit Suisse house or a Darling Point unit with harbour views
- Luxury flat owners lose privacy appeal against Tate Modern viewpoint
- Tom Brady is more likely to become an owner of the Dolphins than the team’s quarterback
- Rising out of the West Texas desert is mystical Marfa’s hip Hotel Saint George
- Texas Renaissance Festival announces 2019 themed weekends
- Deadly Texas Shootings Happen on the Eve of New Relaxed Texas Gun Laws Taking Effect Sunday In The State
- The Mercedes-Benz built for the wilderness: Weekender returns to the 'glory days' of camper vans with a rooftop tent, solar panels and a mattress
- Global Luxury Realty Conclave: Window to Global Luxury Real Estate
- Texas man eats dog food for 30 days to show his company's chow is fit for Fido
- Rick Perry Says He Didn’t Mean to Tweet About How His Political Enemy Is ‘the Most Drunk Democrat in Texas’