CNN’s Jake Tapper ended today’s State of the Union calling out Republicans “trash-talking” attempts at congressional oversight of the White House after past pushes for serious oversight during Democratic presidencies. Tapper brought up the president’s refusal to cooperate with the impeachment inquiry, essentially “thumbing his nose at the very notion that the U.S. government was designed with three coequal branches, specifically to offer checks and balances.” When Republicans controlled the House under Barack Obama, Tapper said, they “conducted lots of oversight” on issues like Fast & Furious and Benghazi. “Journalists who covered and citizens who followed Benghazi may find it stunning to see Republican members of Congress trash-talking whistleblowers and inspectors general and trash-talking the oversight responsibilities of the House,” Tapper continued. In particular, he called out Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Senator Lindsey Graham, and Rudy Giuliani — who were critical when presidents like Barack Obama and Bill Clinton didn’t comply with congressional requests. You can watch above, via CNN. Have a tip we should know? [email protected]
- CNN's Jake Tapper: 'Mr. President, what's the plan?'
- ‘None Of Us Have Time To Look Backwards’: Bill De Blasio Blows Off Criticism From Jake Tapper
- Tapper Brutally Grills NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio for Delayed Coronavirus Response
- CNN’s Tapper to Trump: ‘This Is Not About Winning a News Cycle on Fox’
- Tapper Shames Trump on Coronavirus: ‘Not About Winning a News Cycle on Fox’
- 9 takeaways from Tapper's interviews with Pelosi, Fauci, de Blasio and more
- Republicans Wish Trump Would Stop Defending ‘Killer’ Putin
- Donald Trump’s In-Person Voting Demand is Obscenely Hypocritical, and Worse
- Trump rejects congressional oversight of $500 billion in corporate relief
- Pelosi announces House committee on coronavirus crisis to exercise oversight of pandemic response
Jake Tapper: Republicans Being Hypocritical on Oversight have 298 words, post on www.mediaite.com at October 13, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.