Published 3:03 PM EDT Oct 13, 2019
Beijing – Nine people were killed Sunday in a restaurant gas explosion in eastern China, reported state broadcaster CCTV.
The explosion gutted the restaurant and damaged neighboring shops in coastal Jiangsu province’s Wuxi city.
CCTV reported that 10 others who were injured are in stable condition. Over 200 rescue workers have been dispatched to the scene.
An overpass collapsed last week in the same city, killing three people inside a car.
Jiangsu was the site of a massive chemical blast in March, when nearly 80 people died in one of China’s worst industrial accidents in recent years.
- Honda Kills V-10 NSX Supercar As Part of New Strategy, Smart Move?
- China New Energy Full Year 2018: BYD and BAIC EC-Series best-sellers, market eclipses 1 million annual sales for the first time
- I-League 2018-19: 3 reasons why East Bengal lost to Minerva Punjab
- I-League 2018-19: 3 reasons why a win over Gokulam Kerala FC could set tune for East Bengal before Kolkata Derby
- I-League 2018-19: 3 reasons why East Bengal won against Gokulam Kerala FC
- I-League: 3 reasons why East Bengal lost to Chennai City
- I-League 2018-19: 3 reasons why you should not miss Kolkata Derby between Mohun Bagan and East Bengal this weekend
- I-League 2018/19: 3 reasons why East Bengal won against Indian Arrows
- 'China's Maradona' signs for Espanyol
- Man charged with murder after 11-year-old killed in New Year's Eve possible DWI wreck