“Slow songs, they for skinny hoes,” said Lizzo during weekend one of ACL Fest. (Photo by Jana Birchum) Multiverse moment, cultural signifier, clusterfuck; call it what you will, but Lizzo’s Sunday night ACL Fest crowd proved absolutely massive. The Houston-raised supersonic star called it her biggest festival viewership ever, estimating 60,000 people via Instagram the next day. Others deemed it the Zilker Park annual’s largest non-headliner crowd, causing major lockup at the show’s mid-level Miller Lite stage. Of course, Sept. 2017 sleeper hit “Truth Hurts” hadn’t yet begun its April 2019 revival via Netflix rom-com Someone Great when the Detroit-born Melissa Jefferson appeared on the Labyrinth Festival lineup. As the singer/flutist announced onstage, it’s now the “number one song in the country, bitch!” On social media, fans called for swapping to a bigger platform for weekend two. At the very least, streaming on the Honda stage jumbotrons would help, as Lizzo’s sing-along army stretched well beyond the ACL flags. Outside the self-love icon’s weekend one takeover, here’s what else happened: Billiemania Ahead of her Saturday evening set, bestselling 2019 entity Billie Eilish tested the structural integrity of ACL’s new interview-oriented Bonus Tracks stage. Fans hung over fences and perched on… Read full this story
- Building Your Own Home in Shreveport Bossier City Louisiana Areas
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories Review
- Album Review: Avenged Sevenfold - City of Evil
- The Game Audio Explosion - A Guide to Great Game Sound Part I: Pre-production and Sound Design
- How To Run A Faster 40 Yard Dash
- Details of the Citi Student Credit Card Application
- Do Swarming Insects Use Sound to Aid in Flight?
- Set Term Limits on Congressmen Now!
- Visual Limits of the Human Brain Processing Speed
- Discovering Nature Along the Hudson River in New York City
Faster Than Sound: Lizzo City Limits have 293 words, post on www.austinchronicle.com at October 10, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.