Email Updated October 28, 2019 10:20:39 Video: Donald Trump says Baghdadi “was vicious and violent and he died in a vicious and violent way”. (Photo: AP) (ABC News) Related Story: US announces Turkey will invade northern Syria following Trump-Erdogan phone call Related Story: Why is Trump’s phone call with a foreign leader an impeachable offence? Related Story: IS ‘leader’ mentions Australian jihadist and Sri Lanka bombings in first appearance in five years Map: United States Islamic State (IS) leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed in a raid by US forces in Syria, President Donald Trump says. Key points: Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi detonated a suicide vest, killing himself and three children in a dead-end tunnel, Donald Trump saidMr Trump said he watched the raid unfold and that Baghdadi “died like a dog”, while “crying, whimpering and screaming”An Iraqi official says that Iraqi intelligence played a part in the raid Mr Trump said US forces chased Baghdadi into a dead-end tunnel at a compound in north-western Syria before the terrorist detonated a vest, killing himself and three children. Mr Trump said he watched most of the raid. “Last night the United States brought the world’s number one terrorist… Read full this story
- ISIS Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Promises 'Victory' as Mosul Battle Rages
- Navy SEAL who killed Usama bin Laden: What you missed in video of al-Baghdadi raid
- 'I cannot just talk about him right now': Donald Trump deepens mystery over Kim Jong Un's condition as he is asked if North Korean dictator is alive
- As Donald Trump resumes travel, staff takes risks to prepare trip
- Trump says China made a 'horrible mistake' and tried to cover-up coronavirus outbreak, hours after Mike Pompeo claimed there was 'enormous evidence' that COVID-19 escaped a Wuhan lab
- Donald Trump hints Kim Jong-un is ALIVE saying ‘I wish him well’ and claims he knows the truth about tyrant’s health
- Donald Trump reveals plans to bring back his '25,000 people rallies' as he says he will travel to Arizona and Ohio, saying 'I'd like to get out' - and says of the virus 'it's going to leave'
- Trump says Sweden is ‘paying heavily’ for not ordering coronavirus lockdown as he boasts US made ‘correct decision’
- WHO should be ashamed for acting like China's PR agency, says Donald Trump amid COVID-19 crisis
- Trump says US has very ‘conclusive’ report on coronavirus’s China origins
Donald Trump says Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi 'died like a dog' amid US raid have 393 words, post on www.abc.net.au at October 28, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.