California knows how to Yes, we know 2000 was the year George W. Bush made it to the Oval Office (damn those hanging chads!), but it was also the year that brought us Union’s big breakthrough, as she and the fictional East Compton Clovers squared off against Kirsten Dunst and those bitin’-ass Toros in the cult classic cheerleading movie, Bring It On. Advertisement Union cleverly stoked our nostalgia this weekend, donning mommy-and-me versions of the now-iconic Clovers uniform with daughter Kaavia James in celebration of Union’s upcoming 47th birthday, and…Brr! It’s cold in here! There must be some Clovers in the atmosphere! Advertisement Gab’s still got it—and then some—it’s been 19 years, and impossibly, she might be even more fit now. But equally impressive were the many interpretations of the California theme, which included husband Dwyane Wade’s homage to the Oakland-founded Black Panthers and several tributes to ‘90s and early aughts West Coast films and hip-hop culture. And then, there was hometown hero Snoop…who appeared to have just come as himself (posed below next to Tracee Ellis Ross as DJ Quik). Advertisement Advertisement Of course, no California celebrity bash would be complete without some homegrown talent; Union was surprised with… Read full this story
- Intu Chapelfield invites families to free birthday bash
- Selena Gomez says birthday notes from fans made her 'cry'
- Inside the Love Island wrap party
- 'Where is the justice? He took her life'
- James Ellroy finally has happiness in his sights
- The best places in the South West to take the family this summer
- Toronto Wolfpack plot move for rugby union superstars
- Plan Bea: Aisling Bea on searching for laughter in sad places
- Young rugby player dies day after marrying the love of his life
- The best places to eat in Wales according to TripAdvisor
California Love: Gabrielle Union's Costumed Birthday Bash Took Us to Our Happy Place have 298 words, post on theglowup.theroot.com at October 28, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.