The American businesswoman at the centre of a storm over her association with Boris Johnson is to break her silence in a television interview.
Jennifer Arcuri will speak to ITV’s Good Morning Britain today, following a series of stories about her links to the British Prime Minister during his tenure as London mayor.
The technology entrepreneur and former model was reportedly given £126,000 in public money and privileged access to three foreign trade missions led by Mr Johnson while he was in City Hall.
Last month, the Prime Minister was referred to the police complaints body to assess whether he should face a criminal investigation over his association with her.
The Sunday Times has reported that the businesswoman confided to four friends that they had been engaged in an affair during his time as mayor.
But Mr Johnson insisted last week that everything he did when promoting London overseas as mayor was done in “complete conformity with the code and the rules”.
Over the weekend, the Sunday Times also reported that Mr Johnson wrote a letter recommending Ms Arcuri for a job as the head of a technology quango when he was in City Hall.
Leaked emails seen by the Sunday Times suggested Mr Johnson was listed as a reference in her application for the role at Tech City.
Ms Arcuri was said to have been a 27-year-old student at the time of applying for the £100,000 a year job, the paper said.
In recent days, Downing Street has also been forced to deny claims that Mr Johnson squeezed the thigh of a female journalist under the table during a private lunch.
Charlotte Edwardes said the incident took place at the offices of The Spectator in London shortly after Mr Johnson became the magazine’s editor in 1999.
After the lunch, she said she had confided in the young woman who was sitting on the other side of Mr Johnson, who told her: “Oh God, he did exactly the same to me.”
- In full: Boris Johnson interview with BBC's Laura Kuenssberg
- Jennifer Arcuri claims Boris Johnson told her he had five children, admits she had a 'special relationship' with the PM - but says when she tried to call him recently a man 'pretending to be Chinese' took the phone
- Boris Johnson's 'four-year affair' with model: PM's pole-dancing model friend Jennifer Arcuri says she warned him to come clean about their relationship - and claims he’s dropped her 'like a one night stand'
- Boris Johnson's suspension of British Parliament ahead of Brexit unlawful, court rules
- 'Get Brexit done': How Boris Johnson’s election gamble paid off
- Theresa May warns the 'eyes of the world are on us' in a passionate speech BACKING Boris Johnson's Brexit deal telling his opponents to 'put the national interest first' and vote for it
- 'I can't possibly say I'm relatable, what a ridiculous thing! 'Boris Johnson hits out at Naga Munchetty as she grills him over whether he's 'relatable', his privileged upbringing and girlfriend Carrie Symonds (as well as his tea-making skills)
- Boris Johnson puts NHS centre of his Queen’s speech – but Her Majesty won’t wear traditional robes this time
- Boris Johnson accuses Jeremy Corbyn of 'political onanism' and says only the Tories can end the 'Brexit groundhoggery' in first major speech of his campaign
- 'I'm backing Boris Johnson... Nigel Farage must do the same': Former Labour MP Ian Austin claims Brexit Party leader must do his 'patriotic duty' and step away from election battle in order to STOP Jeremy Corbyn and avoid derailing Brexit
- Boris Johnson misled the Queen by asking her to suspend Parliament. Will he survive it?
- Boris Johnson's 'Digi Kiwis' lift the lid on Love Actually masterstroke
- Boris Johnson To Face Significant Repercussions if He Decides to Push ‘No Deal’ Through - Scholar
- 'The problem was you': Furious Labour MPs tear into Jeremy Corbyn over the party's election humiliation as he tries to blame Brexit and the media for catastrophic loss to Boris Johnson's Tories
- 'Ditch Bias or Face Extinction': BBC Slammed for 'Morbid Obsession' with PM Johnson's Private Life
- Farage, Trump and Johnson: grist to the Murdoch mill
- Women worry Johnson – that’s why Labour should choose a female leader
- General election RECAP: Corbyn and Johnson prepare to head-to-head in ITV debate
- Johnson promises new high-speed rail line between Leeds and Manchester
- Stalinist storm engulfs the Labour party: Moderates are appalled as leadership favourite Rebecca Long Bailey hires man who wore a badge joking about Trotsky’s assassination with an ice pick as her campaign chief
Businesswoman at centre of storm over links to Boris Johnson to give interview have 740 words, post on feeds.breakingnews.ie at October 7, 2019. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.