Denver Post Broncos writer Ryan O’Halloran posts his Broncos Mailbag weekly during the season. You can pose a Broncos- or NFL-related question for the Broncos Mailbag here. Follow Ryan for more daily updates on Twitter. Ryan, where the heck did this Alexander Johnson kid come from? He’s been what the Broncos have been desperately needing — an inside linebacker with coverage speed and a tenacious attack. — Danny, Colorado SpringsJohnson is an overnight sensation who is five years in the making. He played at Tennessee (424 tackles), but his college career ended and his pro career delayed by an aggravated rape allegation that led to his indictment in February 2015. He was acquitted in July 2018. Shortly after that, the Broncos signed him as a 26-year-old rookie. He ended last year on the practice squad. Johnson started all five preseason games this year and, frankly, he wasn’t that impressive. And the coaches agreed — he didn’t play any defense until the Chargers game (because of Josey Jewell’s hamstring injury). All he’s done in two games (both wins) is make 17 tackles, 1 1/2 sacks and one interception. Why doesn’t our offense be more creative in the second half, like using… Read full this story
- Broncos Mailbag: When will organization admit that John Elway is the biggest problem?
- Broncos Mailbag: Why so little patience with Paxton Lynch and so much with Garett Bolles?
- Broncos Mailbag: Did the team give up on quarterback Paxton Lynch too soon?
- Broncos Mailbag: Will Drew Lock get to play in the regular season this year?
- Chiefs Scouting Report: 3 straight wins have KC comfortably atop the AFC West
- Broncos Insider: Shelby Harris big performance lands him in select company
- Madden NFL 20 simulation: How Drew Lock fares as Broncos’ starting quarterback
- Broncos vs. Texans — a roundup of Denver’s Week 14 win in Houston
- Broncos at the bye: Offensive numbers aren’t good, but young players showing flashes
- Broncos Insider: How Drew Lock’s debut compares to other 2019 1st time starting QBs
Broncos Mailbag: Despite two straight wins, a call for more Andy Janovich have 326 words, post on www.denverpost.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.