It happened quickly. Jorge Ramos, the influential Univision anchor and one of the moderators of the ABC News Democratic debate in Houston in September, turned from the mass shooting in El Paso, Texas, that targeted Latinos, to immigration, and pressed Joe Biden over his vote as a senator for 700 miles of border fencing, and the 3 million deportations during the Obama administration, when Biden served as vice president. “Why should Latinos trust you?” Ramos said, accusingly. Biden was ready. As he has previously, Biden said, “Comparing [Obama] to the president we have is outrageous, No. 1. We didn’t lock people up in cages. We didn’t separate families. We didn’t do all of those things.” “Did you make a mistake with the deportations?” Ramos tried, again. “The president did the best thing that was able to be done at the time,” Biden offered. When the debate concluded, Biden approached Ramos and had a conversation that a high-level Univision source with knowledge of the exchange described as contentious. Biden’s message was that Ramos’s questions were a low blow, that he fought for “Dreamers” as vice president, and that while they didn’t get deportations right early on in the administration, they did… Read full this story
- President Biden Begins Reversal Of Trump Immigration Policies With Executive Orders On 1st Day
- Joe Biden’s ‘overhaul’ of US immigration policy to help Indians in Green Card queue
- Evangelicals, Police, Who Disliked Donald Trump's Immigration Policy Could Back Joe Biden's Reform
- Is The US Headed For Open Borders Under Biden’s Immigration Policy?
- Joe Biden's Reversal of Donald Trump Immigration Policies Doesn't Satisfy Migrant-Rights Advocates
- If Donald Trump Immigration Policies Are Legally 'Torture,' Can Stephen Miller Be Prosecuted?
- Biden tells Mexico he will undo Trump immigration policies
- Reaction to Churchill bust removal muted for Biden after outrage for Obama
- Iran's Rouhani hopes Biden will return to Obama-era nuclear deal as he dubs Trump a 'tyrant'
- Advocacy group: Biden should revamp US human rights policy
Biden hopes to escape the shadow of Obama's immigration policies have 326 words, post on news.yahoo.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.