IT Chapter Two opened last weekend and gave the box office a much-needed shot in the arm with a $91 million take. Pennywise and The Losers Club should be collecting another very fat stack of cash on their second week out, but STX also has the buzzed-about Hustlers set to arrive, which could represent some very major competition. At the same time, Warner Bros. is releasing what is (or at least was) a clear awards season hopeful with The Goldfinch. Despite the competition, IT Chapter Two is expected to come out on top once again with between $40 and $45 million. The sequel hasn’t been met with the same level of critical praise as its predecessor and it also hasn’t matched the same heights at the box office up to this point. Still, the Andy Muschietti-directed Stephen King adaptation has already crossed the $200 million mark worldwide and, with its take over the weekend, will cement itself as a huge hit nonetheless. Next up will be Hustlers. Despite coming in second, this is going to be a majorly needed win for STX. The studio has suffered a string of flops, such as Uglydolls and Poms this year alone. The Jennifer… Read full this story
- 2019 Worldwide Box Office Hits $42.5B Record; Offshore Too With $31B+: Highlights From The International Profit Center & What’s Ahead For 2020 – Global Studio Chart
- A Quiet Place 2 Promises to Be One Loud Box Office Monster
- ‘The Invisible Man’ Preys On $49M+ In Debut Global Sightings; ‘Sonic’ Sticks Hat Trick Atop Overseas Chart – International Box Office
- Broadway Box Office Slips 11% To $26M With Kid Freebies; ‘West Side Story’ SRO
- Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ Storms Bollywood, Offshore Box Office; Sets Multiple Records – Update
- Ben Affleck's The Accountant Wins Weekend Box Office with $24.7M
- Broadway Box Office Dips, David Byrne Doesn’t: ‘American Utopia’ Passes $200 Average Ticket Price
- ‘The Wandering Earth’ Hurtles To $298M At Chinese New Year Box Office
- Can Finding Dory Save the Summer Box Office?
- Finding Dory Breaks Box Office Records with $136.1 Million Weekend
Will IT Chapter Two Scare Hustlers Away from the Top of the Box Office? have 341 words, post on movieweb.com at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.