Van Morrison unveiled a tender new blues ballad "Dark Night of the Soul," from his upcoming album, Three Chords and the Truth , out October 25th. "Dark Night of the Soul" boasts a vintage mid-tempo groove of shuffling drums, silky guitar, rolling piano and the occasional keening organ. Morrison moves with nimble grace over these instrumentals, really showcasing his perennial vocal prowess during the final two minutes of the track, most of which he spends riffing on the titular refrain with an array of deft runs. Morrison wrote all the tracks on Three Chords and the Truth , save for "If We Wait for Mountains," which he co-wrote with Don Black. The album also features a duet with the Righteous Brothers' Bill Medley ("Fame Will Eat the Soul") and contributions from guitarist Jay Berliner. Related Van Morrison Delivers Some Self-Aware Soul on New Song ‘Latest Record Project’ Van Morrison Plots Legal Action Against Live Music Ban in Northern Ireland Related Why the Band’s ‘The Last Waltz’ Is the Greatest Concert Movie of All Time Country’s 15 Highest Drug Odes In a statement, Morrison said of making the album, "You're just plugging into the feeling of it, more the feeling of… Read full this story
- How you can now listen to a never-before-heard Van Morrison recording from 1968 Boston
- For Greta Van Fleet, new album is just the beginning
- Lake Street Dive's New Album Free Yourself Up Marks an Exciting Evolution
- 6 new albums from Seattle artists you need to hear
- REVIEW: Ben Howard showcases his new album’s aesthetic at Blue Hills Pavilion
- Greta Van Fleet's debut album due in Oct.
- The 50 Most NYC Albums Ever
- Album review: Greta van Fleet’s talent was enough for a good, but not great album with “Anthem of the Peaceful Army”
- Paisley Park to re-open 'After Dark' to celebrate new Prince album Friday
- The 60 Best Songs Ever Written About New York City
Van Morrison Previews New Album With Graceful ‘Dark Night of the Soul’ have 322 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.