President Donald Trump is joining a Texas welcome party for Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who’s visiting the United States amid trade tensions between the allies.Tens of thousands of Indian Americans were expected at a Houston rally — “Howdy Modi!” — on Sunday.Trump planned to stop later in Ohio for an event with Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison, fresh from a state dinner on Friday at the White House, at an Australian-owned manufacturing plant. Trump was to end his day in New York as he readies for events this coming week at the U.N. General Assembly, where Modi also will give a speech.India and the United States have been talking for months to try to resolve trade issues. In June, the Trump administration accused India of imposing a wide range of trade barriers, and the U.S. ended preferential trade deals with India. In return, India levied higher import duties on U.S. goods. When Trump and Modi meet at the United Nations later this week, they also are expected to discuss the situation in Kashmir. The government in New Delhi stripped the disputed Himalayan region of its semi-autonomy and launched a security crackdown last month.
- Donald Trump quotes an iconic poem written by Scott Morrison's great-great aunt at a lavish state dinner in the White House's Rose Garden in front of the who's who of Australia and the US
- Trump pats Putin on the back and chats with smiling Saudi Crown Prince - the man accused of ordering the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi - who stands in the front row for 'family photo' at G20 summit
- Trump blames mass shootings on video game guns, not real guns
- Trump's top adviser on Russia and Europe to quit ahead of his scheduled testimony to the impeachment inquiry today
- Did All the Lawyers Defending Trump's Census Citizenship Question Just Quit?
- Trump Blames Video Games For Mass Shootings; Industry Responds
- Democrats get ready to ram through next phase of Donald Trump impeachment inquiry in face of Republican objections as he demands his party 'stand together and defender the leader' against 'smears'
- Carrie Symonds to take her first overseas trip with boyfriend Boris Johnson to New York as the PM meets Donald Trump, Macron and Merkel at the UN
- Angela Merkel and Donald Trump head for clash at G20 summit
- Palmer Luckey allegedly sent Donald Trump $100,000 for his inauguration
Trump's Sunday: Modi rally in Texas, Morrison event in Ohio have 402 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.