LOS ANGELES (AP) — “Game of Thrones” resurrected the Iron Throne at Sunday’s Emmy ceremony, ruling as top drama on a night of surprises in which “Pose” star Billy Porter made history and the comedy series “Fleabag” led a British invasion that overturned expectations. “This all started in the demented mind of George R.R. Martin,” said “Game of Thrones” producer David Benioff, thanking the author whose novels were the basis of HBO’s fantasy saga. Porter, who stars in the FX drama set in the LGBTQ ball scene of the late 20th century, became the first openly gay man to win a best drama series acting Emmy . “God bless you all. The category is love, you all, love. I’m so overjoyed and so overwhelmed to have lived to see this day,” said an exuberant Porter, resplendent in a sparkling suit and swooping hat. Amazon’s “Fleabag,” a dark comedy about a dysfunctional woman, was honored as best comedy and earned writing and top acting honors for its British creator and star, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, as well as a best director trophy. “This is getting ridiculous,” Waller-Bridge said in her third trip to the stage to collect the top trophy. Her acting win… Read full this story
- The Twilight Zone releases preview ahead of second season which will feature stars such as Billy Porter and Chris Meloni
- Billy Porter Is Staying Creative and Politically Driven During Quarantine
- Island Records Announces Auction for COVID-19 Relief With Billy Porter
- Who is Halima Aden? Model Makes History As First Woman to Wear Hijab and Burkini in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition
- Oscars 2019 best dressed: Emilia Clarke, Billy Porter and Ashley Graham lead red carpet glam
- Christopher Meloni, Jurnee Smollett-Bell, and Billy Porter lead star-studded cast in first look snaps for The Twilight Zone season two
- FIBA World Cup 2019: Argentina see off Serbia, Rubio makes history as Spain progress
- Tom Brady, Philip Rivers will start 2020 NFL season making history: How other QBs fared in same situation
- Meet Magnolia! Precious little girl makes history as the first-ever adopted Gerber baby - after capturing hearts with her 'joyful expression' and 'playful smile'
- Blind runner makes history by finishing NYC Half Marathon with help of guide dogs
‘Thrones,’ ‘Fleabag’ top Emmys, Billy Porter makes history have 372 words, post on www.seattletimes.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.