100 Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019) Quentin Tarantino’s latest jaw-dropper bumps Kill Bill: Vol 1 off the list in gloriously irreverent fashion. Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt star as a fading western star and his mutt-loving stunt double in this relaxed and loving roast of bygone Tinseltown. CS Read the review 99 Bright Star (2009) An early lead for Ben Whishaw as the ailing John Keats romancing Fanny Brawne (Abbie Cornish) is the tremulous soul of this underappreciated Jane Campion drama. The butterflies are too tropical for Hampstead, but the rest is spot-on. CS Read the review 98 The Dark Knight (2008) The only comic book movie to make the cut is Christopher Nolan’s genre masterpiece: fatalist, bracing and forever the legacy of Heath Ledger, posthumously awarded an Oscar for his terrifying performance. CS Read the review 97 Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004) Michael Moore’s finest hour: a blazing juggernaut with George W Bush, the Iraq war, the media, democracy and us, the gullible masses, in its crosshairs. Agitprop, and essential. CS Read the review 96 Private Life (2018) Kathryn Hahn and Paul Giamatti struggle to start a family, and to keep their marriage together, in this subtle, funny and… Read full this story
- 16 heirs to some of America’s best-known brands who are poised to inherit millions
- Whatever happened to Maggie Cheung, icon of Hong Kong cinema?
- G20 policing fiasco ‘left a permanent emotional scar,’ former police chair writes in new book
- Korean geeks aiming for e-sports gold at Asian Games
- LIST: 13 Halloween shows, movies to watch
- Jakpost lifestyle and entertainment retrospective for 2018
The 100 best films of the 21st century have 251 words, post on www.theguardian.com at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.