Superman prequel filmed in Belfast cancelled by US network BelfastTelegraph.co.uk A Superman prequel filmed in Belfast has been cancelled after two seasons due to poor viewing figures. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/superman-prequel-filmed-in-belfast-cancelled-by-us-network-38522235.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/article38233920.ece/c75f5/AUTOCROP/h342/PANews%20BT_P-8c50cf60-4f35-4049-a68d-78e0c770b792_I1.jpg Email A Superman prequel filmed in Belfast has been cancelled after two seasons due to poor viewing figures. The American network SyFy pulled the plug on the show after only 350,000 people in the United States tuned in for the finale of the second season. This represents a shocking decline from more than 1m per episode during the first season. Krypton was the first tenant at Belfast Harbour Studios, an eight-acre complex which opened in 2017. The show ranked as SyFy’s best series premiered in three years when it debuted last year, averaging 1.8m viewers per episode. This dropped to 408,000 in America for its second season, which will be aired on E4 in Ireland and UK on Wednesday. Cemeron Welsh, the show’s producer and writer said: “Unfortunately, the challenge of keeping a show on the air in today’s television landscape- especially a relatively expensive show for a network like SyFy- proved too great.” The show, set on Superman’s home planet of Krypton, told the story of his grandfather. “Krypton didn’t… Read full this story
- Black Panther – the most radical superhero film yet? Discuss with spoilers
- A prequel of HBO's GOT soon in the cards?
- In full: Theresa May's speech at Belfast's Waterfront Hall
- The best film scenes of 2016
- Belfast DUP man felt 'physically sick' after Twitter troll mocks gran's death with horror movie image
- Thomas Cook flight from Belfast to Turkey lands in Germany so ‘abusive and aggressive’ passenger can be removed
- Revealed: Belfast Bikes scheme repair bill
- Universal Cancels Release of Controversial Film 'The Hunt'
- SC Allows Nation-Wide Screening Of Hindi Film 'Nanak Shah Fakir' On April 13
- Conflict Over Titles Of Films: Delhi HC Tells IFTPC, IMPPA To Consider Framing Guidelines [Read Judgment]
Superman prequel filmed in Belfast cancelled by US network have 359 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.