Strictly Come Dancing was the most watched show on TV as millions tuned in to see Kelvin Fletcher triumph.The Emmerdale actor achieved the highest-ever first dance score on the show and flew to the top of the leaderboard with partner Oti Mabuse.He stepped in to replace injured Made In Chelsea star Jamie Laing and, despite having less time to train, earned a score of 32 on the night.Viewers tuned in en masse to see the first live show, with a peak of 8.5 million watching at one time.The average viewing was 7.7 million, with a huge 43.9% of the total UK TV audience watching celebrities and professionals showing off their steps.Strictly went head to head with ITV show Britain’s Got Talent: The Champions during primetime.James Cracknell is currently bottom of the leaderboard, with Fletcher showing great skill in the first week.
- Craig Revel Horwood says the Strictly Come Dancing 'curse' is actually a 'blessing'... but he's glad it's not 'detracting' from this year's show
- Strictly's Kelvin Fletcher shares rare photo with wife amid chemistry with Oti Mabuse
- Strictly fans rally behind Chris Ramsey and Karen Hauer and criticise Craig's harsh score
- Strictly's Shirley Ballas: I've picked my winner and why it was Chris's time to go
- 'If you work in this sort of world, adult things happen!' Judge Motsi Mabuse, 38, admits she 'understands' Strictly Curse... after breaking off her 11-year marriage to wed her pro partner
- Great British SWITCH OFF! Bake Off's youngest ever contestants fail to win over viewers as first episode gets LOWEST audience in six years at 6.6m - 400,000 less than 2018 series launch
- When does Dancing on Ice 2020 start, who’s in the line-up and and why did Jason Gardiner quit?
- EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Earl of Yarmouth may sue his own family after he is thrown off estate after his wife - who has struggled to adapt to life as a Royal - 'called the butler by his first name and used the lady of the manor's bathroom'
- ‘Disrespectful’ Netflix show Messiah slammed by fans who threaten to QUIT online streaming service
- Rita Ora, 29, risks a wardrobe malfunction as she climbs into a cab while leaving Liam Payne's album launch... after going public with Rafferty Law, 23, romance
Strictly Come Dancing pulls in the viewers have 378 words, post on www.irishnews.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.