It is barely pumpkin latte season, but Jolly Saint Rob Halford is already revved up about Christmas. On “Donner and Blitzen,” the Judas Priest frontman sings about Rudolph’s reindeer friends raising people’s spirits, bringing good fortune, and, of course, tearing through the sky. In a video for the song, Halford leans into the mic and screams for vengeance while his bandmates play the tune’s lumbering riffs, as Christmas lights glitter around them. The tune will appear on his upcoming holiday solo album, Celestial, due out October 18th. “‘Donner and Blitzen’ gets the snowball rolling for Celestial — a song full of excitement, love and hope,” Halford said in a statement. “You can hear and feel the power of Christmas time — energy roarin’ with rockin’ reindeers haulin’.” Halford has a long history of making heavy-metal holiday music, dating back to Fight, the group he formed during his Nineties hiatus from Judas Priest. The band recorded “Christmas Ride” and, in 2009, he made a full album of Christmas music under the Halford banner called Halford III: Winter Songs. The new album, Celestial, is credited to Rob Halford With Family and Friends, and it features his brother Nigel on drums, Priest bassist… Read full this story
- The Darkness reveal NEW Christmas song I Am Santa complete with a wonderfully festive video
- ‘Super Mario Odyssey’ Adds New Christmas and 8-Bit Skins
- Literally Everything You Could Ever Want to Know About Mariah Carey's 'All I Want for Christmas Is You'
- 11 Christmas films you should add to your festive movie marathon list
- This Decked-Out Buddy the Elf-Themed Hotel Suite Will Have You Singing Loud For All to Hear
- AEW Fans Compete in the Judas Challenge, Singing Chris Jericho's Entrance Theme
- AEW: How to Sing Along to Chris Jericho's Judas Entrance Theme
- Can Stormzy or Mariah Carey catch LadBaby in Christmas number one race?
- Pope Francis delivers first Urbi et Orbi global blessing outside of Christmas or Easter 'for 2,000 years' to fight coronavirus
- Instagram priest takes to Venezuela's streets "with the people"
See Judas Priest Frontman Sing Raging New Christmas Carol ‘Donner and Blitzen’ have 342 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at September 6, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.