As President Donald Trump visits the United Nations building in New York this week, he won’t be focused only on the global challenges facing the world body — he’s still reliving the real estate deal there that got away.More than a decade later, Trump vividly recalls the overtures he made to rebuild the 39-story tower in the early 2000s and posits that he could have done a better job with the $2.3 billion project, which took about three years longer than anticipated and came in more than $400 million over budget.In the leadup to this week’s U.N. General Assembly meetings, the president reminisced with reporters on Air Force One this past week about his efforts to win the project.“I offered to rebuild it at a tiny fraction of what they were going to build it for,” he said. In 2005, then-developer Trump went before a U.S. Senate committee to complain that the U.N. was bungling the project. “They don’t know what they want, they don’t know what they have, they don’t know what they’re doing,” Trump said.He appealed to the panel to let him manage the project. He would even waive his fee, he said. In the end, he didn’t… Read full this story
- Donald Trump’s emails are pushing all the right buttons
- Donald Trump says Kim Jong-Un is 'in good health' amid rumors dictator is in a coma - and adds 'never underestimate him' after their 'love letters' were revealed
- The Rise of Right-Wing Podcasts Is Upon Us
- Why Isn’t Bernie Backing Jon Ossoff in Georgia?
- Hannity: 'What the hell is happening in our country?'
In UN building, Trump sees a real estate deal that got away have 289 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.