WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump’s vision of America’s tomorrows looks much like its yesterdays. He loves “beautiful” coal. “Beautiful” warships. And “those four beautiful words: MADE IN THE USA!” He speaks of the country’s might as measured by its steel mills, farms and cars rolling off Detroit assembly lines. He’s not merely summoning happy memories. His nostalgia shapes policy and lives, too. Trump glorifies the muscle and sweat (but not the labor unions) of those who toil in factories and till the soil, like those idealized depictions of labor in century-old murals . He does not love wind power. He’s a fossil fuel guy. A meat and potatoes man, too, he steers an administration that reflects not just his agenda but his pre-woke diet, as when it pulled back on requirements for whole grains in school lunches. He’s had it out for those newfangled light bulbs for years, ever since he warned flatly and falsely that they “can cause cancer.” He waves off modern worries about global warming by pointing to a cold snap. His campaign sells plastic straws to thumb its nose at what Trump considers political correctness. Meantime the world moves on. Industry, technology and much of… Read full this story
- Your Starting Point Does Not Matter! Your Past Does Not Equal Your Future!
- Bill Gates' Vision of Future Computing - Natural User Interfaces
- The Past, the Present and the Future, It's All in You
- Retinal Implants, Still in Their Infancy, Provide a New Vision of the Future
- Life Coaching Tools - Vision Boards
- Vision Boards - Great Energy For Children Too
- Law of Attraction Tips - The Little-Known Truth About Vision Boards
- Vision Care at an Affordable Price
- How to Avoid Vision Care Costs
- Vision Correction As a Metaphor For Midlife
How the past informs Trump’s vision of America’s future have 303 words, post on www.samoanews.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.