By Sarah Batcha | [email protected] | PUBLISHED: September 22, 2019 at 8:19 pm | UPDATED: September 22, 2019 at 8:19 pm The category is … love! Billy Porter made history Sunday night during the 71st annual Primetime Emmy Awards when he won for Lead Actor in a Drama Series. Porter is the first openly gay black man to win the award. Also noteworthy is that the “Pose” actor is just one letter away from being an EGOT winner, having now taken home an Emmy, Grammy and Tony. During his speech, Porter quoted writer James Baldwin adn then talked about self-worth and how long it took him to love himself for who he was before thanking his family, cast, FX and creator Ryan Murphy.His inspirational speech, and also his amazing hat, stole the show for many. “It took many years of vomiting up all the filth I’d been taught about myself, and half-believed, before I was able to walk on the earth as though I had a right to be here.” – James Baldwin quoted by Billy Porter during his acceptance speech. #emmys #PoseFX — Amanda Misiko Andere (@AmandaAndere) September 23, 2019 #BillyPorter (@theebillyporter) made history as the first openly gay… Read full this story
- Lee, deaf player makes history: wins ATP match
- ‘Pose’ Star Billy Porter Says Awards Are Amazing, But “It’s Always About The Work First” – Contenders TV
- ‘Cinderella’ Star Billy Porter: ‘Our Country Is in the Mess We’re in Because of Whiteness’
- Maggie Rogers, Leon Bridges, and Billy Porter Perform for the First Night of the 2020 DNC
- The Chicks, John Legend, Billie Eilish and Billy Porter will perform at Democratic convention next week in bid to bring star-power to remotely-staged event
- Listen to Billy Porter’s Timely Remake of ‘For What It’s Worth’
- Watch Billy Porter and Stephen Stills Perform ‘For What It’s Worth’ for 2020
- Billy Porter's Bizarre DNC Performance Likened to 'Tim & Eric' Skit
- Watch: DNC Ends with Bizarre Rendition of Actor Billy Porter Singing ‘For What It’s Worth’
- Cardi B makes history as her raunchy hit WAP debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100: 'Power of the p***y!'
Emmys 2019: Billy Porter makes history as he wins acting award have 358 words, post on www.ocregister.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.