By Sarah Batcha | [email protected] | PUBLISHED: September 22, 2019 at 8:19 pm | UPDATED: September 22, 2019 at 8:19 pm The category is … love! Billy Porter made history Sunday night during the 71st annual Primetime Emmy Awards when he won for Lead Actor in a Drama Series. Porter is the first openly gay black man to win the award. Also noteworthy is that the “Pose” actor is just one letter away from being an EGOT winner, having now taken home an Emmy, Grammy and Tony. During his speech, Porter quoted writer James Baldwin adn then talked about self-worth and how long it took him to love himself for who he was before thanking his family, cast, FX and creator Ryan Murphy.His inspirational speech, and also his amazing hat, stole the show for many. “It took many years of vomiting up all the filth I’d been taught about myself, and half-believed, before I was able to walk on the earth as though I had a right to be here.” – James Baldwin quoted by Billy Porter during his acceptance speech. #emmys #PoseFX — Amanda Misiko Andere (@AmandaAndere) September 23, 2019 #BillyPorter (@theebillyporter) made history as the first openly gay… Read full this story
- Daytime Emmys 2019: Tamera Mowry looks lovely in peachy lace while Eve stuns in ruffling royal blue and Adrienne Bailon sizzles in a slinky dove grey on the red carpet
- What Makes a Winning Team?
- Boxwood Inn of Williamsburg: Bed and Breakfast Wins Beautification Award
- Today! On This Day, You and I Will Make History
- Nelson Cruz named Twins MVP, also wins leadership award
- How To Make A Winning Press Kit
- Valhalla Golf Club - A Golf Course Created to Make History
- Car Wash Business Plan - 6 Easy Steps to Making a Winning Car Wash Business Plan
- The Sims Makes History
- Risk Still Makes History
Emmys 2019: Billy Porter makes history as he wins acting award have 302 words, post on www.ocregister.com at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.