Actor Benedict Cumberbatch will reprise his role as mystical Marvel superhero Doctor Strange in the upcoming movie . Here’s everything we know so far about the planned , which was formally announced at Comic-Con 2019.
Can we just call it Doctor Strange 2 for short? Multiverse of Madness is part of that include a range of movies and TV series. Coming to the big screen is , , and . Then on the new we’ll see Marvel TV shows , , , What If…?, , .
Who’s making it?
to direct his second Doctor Strange adventure. Though Derrickson co-wrote the 2016 film with C. Robert Cargill and Jon Spaihts, the sequel involves new writers who’ve yet to be officially named.
When will Doctor Strange 2 be released?
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ release date is May 7, 2021. It’s set to open in theaters worldwide around the same day.
not only the long-winded title of the film, but also that it’ll be “the first scary MCU movie.” He promised “the gothic and the horror” elements that made Derrickson love Marvel’s spooky Doctor Strange comics.
Originally Doctor Strange’s powers come from his mastery of mystic spells, and not from a mutant gene or weird biological accident like some other Marvel superheroes, dark magic could be an interesting plot device for the upcoming movie.by comic book greats and , Doctor Strange is . Considering that
We know that Doctor Strange will be Elizabeth Olsen. To understand how Olsen’s character gets there from the momentous events of Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame, you’ll need to watch the slated to air on the streaming service in spring 2021. The TV show will lead directly into Scarlet Witch’s appearance in the Multiverse of Madness in May that year., played by
WandaVision will reunite Wanda with her love interest Vision, both of whom are/were members of the Avengers. But it’s a bit different than the usual Marvel superhero story. Half the show will take place in a wacky sitcomlike home according to the showrunners, who spoke at last month’s ., and the other half will feel like an MCU epic adventure,
Though there aren’t any details yet about the plot of the Doctor Strange sequel or exactly how Wanda will fit in, that hasn’t stopped fans from speculating. Since, we know about the idea of infinite parallel universes within the MCU, and there’s a chance Wanda could end up as a threat to Doctor Strange.
“Wanda will discover a reality where Vision lived and Doctor Strange died but the Avengers still beat Thanos,” Reddit user drkcty speculates, drawing on the character’s comic book history, where she’s often shifted from hero to villain. “She’ll blame Vision’s death on the Master of the Mystic Arts and go insane, which will bridge the realities and cause a rift which will leak into the Prime timeline (MCU).”
If Wanda is driven to extremes by grief, that might explain why she’ll be living in a weird sitcomlike existence in a parallel universe with the very-much-alive Vision in WandaVision.
Meet the cast
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange/Doctor Strange
- Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
- Benedict Wong as Wong
This article was originally published on Sept. 5 and will be updated as news rolls in.
- Neil Gaiman’s ‘Good Omens’ Cast Doctor Strange’s Benedict Cumberbatch As Satan
- Infinity War's Doctor Strange Torture Recreates A Dangerous Comic Moment
- Avengers 4 Release Date, Spoilers and What We Know
- Marvel's 2020 Releases May Include DOCTOR STRANGE 2 and Not THE ETERNALS
- Spider-Man: Far From Home, What We Know About The Homecoming Sequel
- 'Hellboy' Whitewashing Backlash May Signal Tipping Point for Hollywood Casting
- 15 MCU Cast Photos That Would Get Them Kicked Out Of The Avengers
- The Lion King Live-Action Trailer, Cast, Every Update You Need
- 15 Secrets You Didn't Know About Marvel Deals And Contracts
- Marvel Phase 4: What We Know About The Movies Coming After Avengers 4
- Denis Villeneuve’s Dune: What We Know So Far
- Should Marvel Announce Its Entire Phase 4 Slate Post-Endgame?
- Fall's Upcoming Horror Releases
- 15 Dark Secrets You Didn’t Know About Shondaland Shows
- Navigating the PRC: The CFI Guide to Film Production in China
- Hot Time at the Movies: FJI previews the summer, from blockbusters to indies
- Holiday at the movies: FJI previews end-of-year diversions and award contenders
- Marvel Cliffhanger: Robert Downey Jr.'s $50 Million Sequel Showdown
- How Shuri Would Interact With Tony Stark & Bruce Banner
- 5 Marvel Castmates Who Hate Each Other (And 10 Who Are Best Friends)
Doctor Strange 2: Release date, cast and everything we know have 852 words, post on www.cnet.com at September 5, 2019. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.